Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
On Sunday’s episode, Williams’ sister Lauren called her out on it, saying, “Oh my God, you’re wearing it like it’s costume jewelry.”
“It is costume jewelry!” the Dish Nation host responded. “It’s mine. And it’s a diamond!”
The reality star is just one of several celebrities who decided not to return their rings after a divorce or before a wedding.
Williams was married to Stewart for two years before their divorce in 2013. Earlier this month, she told PEOPLE that fans will see her dating on this season of Real Housewives of Atlanta — though it’s just “not as much of a priority of mine as it’s seemed in the past.”
“I absolutely know myself more today than I did when I was married,” she said when asked what she’s looking for in a man. “For me, it’s about finding someone who wants to be part of your world and who is supportive of you and who understands that if it ends up being a serious relationship, you’ll make those adjustments to prioritize a happy family first.”
“I don’t regret anything because anything I’ve been through just helps build who I am today — be it relationships with me or friendships, it all helps shape who you become. But I definitely say I’m a different person, and I’m supposed to be,” she said. “It’s a good thing.”
Last season, Williams attempted to pressure her onscreen lover into having a baby. But she says motherhood is no longer an immediate goal — something she attributes to time spent with her 1½-year-old niece Baleigh.
“Every time I’m around my niece, she gives me baby fever. But that’s the thing about baby fever. You have it, and then you get well again,” Williams said. “I’m okay right now. I’m not going to have a baby until I’ve found that right guy. And I’m sure once I find him, that’ll be one of the first things we do.”
“For me, I’ve thought of a lot of creative ways I can make that happen without a man. Once I realized it doesn’t have to be one way, then it gave me a little more time,” she continued. “So I’m not obsessing over it anymore.”
The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs Sundays (8 p.m. ET) on Bravo.
- Cardi B Talks Getting Bullied Because Of Her Hair In Her Chat With Mariah Carey For Interview Magazine
- Senate Confirms Linda Thomas-Greenfield, Becomes Second Black Woman To Serve As UN Ambassador
- Da Brat’s Top Woman Law Violations [WATCH]
- Dr. Collier Explains The COVID-19 Vaccine Could Interfere With Mammogram Results [WATCH]
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps1 of 14
2. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce2 of 14
3. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.3 of 14
4. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.4 of 14
5. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.5 of 14
6. Jill Scott6 of 14
7. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 20177 of 14
8. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin8 of 14
9. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown9 of 14
10. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown10 of 14
11. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs11 of 14
12. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs12 of 14
13. Usher & Grace Miguel13 of 14
14. Usher & Grace Miguel14 of 14
(Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)
Why Is Porsha Williams Still Wearing Her Wedding Ring? was originally published on blackamericaweb.com