A White man walked into a Black barbershop in Oklahoma City with an unusual request–a Confederate flag cut, NewsOn6 reports.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
It’s not odd for people to want to show their patriotic side on 4th of July with stars and stripes, but a Confederate flag?
“He seemed kind of scared when he first came in,” barber Demontre Heard told the outlet.
The customer, who remains unidentified, originally wanted a design inspired by his favorite rapper, Yelawolf. The logo for his label, Slumerica, is a flag with stars and lightning bolts. The design was going to be too difficult, so he requested the Confederate flag instead.
Heard recalled, “In the back of my head, I’m like, what kind of stuff are you on?” Nevertheless, he granted the customer’s request.
Fade N Up owner, Corey “Scissorhands” Sutter, told NewsOn6 that other customers have made unusual requests, including cutting Black power symbols in their hair. He added, “It’s been some gang members that wanted their sets in they head, but I never thought that [a Confederate flag request] would happen.”
Sutter took a picture and posted it to Facebook, which led to an interesting debate. Some people supported the barbershop—others, not so much.
Heard responded to his critics: “You have the right to what’s your opinion, but at the end of the day your opinion doesn’t pay my bills and I have kids to take care of.”
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
White Man Asks Black Barber For Confederate Flag Cut was originally published on newsone.com