Another tragedy has struck the NFL, and Toya Wright.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The reality star’s ex boyfriend, former NFL player James Hardy III, was found dead on Thursday, just weeks after the 31-year-old was reported missing. NewsChannel 15 reports that Hardy’s body was discovered in a river near Fort Wayne, Indiana after being reported missing by his family. His body was spotted by a Fort Wayne Filtration Plant employee, who was on his regular rounds of the area. The employee quickly alerted police, who arrived with rescue workers to remove the body.
Hardy’s family and friends are taking the shocking death pretty hard — so is his ex, Toya. The pair met back in 2009 when their blind date was filmed for her reality show Toya & Tiny. She took to Instagram after hearing the disturbing news to share her condolences:
The shocking news of his death also comes just months after Toya suffered a dark tragedy, in which both of her brothers were murdered in New Orleans.
Police are still trying to determine the former Buffalo Bills star’s cause of death. Keep James Hardy’s family in your prayers.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source:Getty 13 of 13