Nas penned a serious open letter titled “Action Speaks Louder Than Words” in which he takes aim at Donald Trump and Mike Pence. The rap icon kicked off the charged post on the topic of race, writing, “The only way the Black man gets a little piece in America is if he takes the O.J. stance: ‘I’m not Black, I’m O.J. When you ignore the sh** that’s happening to people you can live in this fantasy, this American fantasy that you belong to… who? You ignore what’s happening, and that gives you peace. Because what’s going on is enough to make people insane.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He continued, “When you have the responsibility of being President and you carry on like that, you send a strong message to people outside of your group that they ain’t worth shit. So why would I focus on that unless I’m in the political game? Unless I’m running for office I don’t have to pay attention to know that. If I ever vote again—when it’s time to vote again, and I feel like voting again—I don’t have to follow the news to know who I’m voting against. But then you wind up saying ‘Who’s the next motherf*cker coming in, and how does that help?’”
As for the current state of the government and the madness taking place in the White House, Nas wrote, “We all know a racist is in office. People can talk their sh**. Comedians can sound racist. People can go through their moments of that sh**, but when you have the responsibility of being President and you carry on like that, you send a strong message to people outside of your group that they ain’t worth sh*t. I don’t even have time for Trump or Pence. I don’t give a f**k.”
Despite his strong feelings about the POTUS and Vice President, Nas still has love for the people. He wrote, “My focus is on what’s happening with real people in their everyday lives. How they behave, the decisions they make, and how that affects families. I grew up in a single-parent household, so I was affected by that life. But it didn’t stop me. So I speak to the everyday people. I speak to everybody. If the people are bothered by it, I speak on it. If the people are bothered and want change, I speak on that.”
Nas usually opens up about injustice through his music, but this is the first time the rapper got so personal about how the country’s chaos is affecting his life. Maybe this new Nas will reveal whether or not he’s dating Nicki Minaj.
Check out the full open letter at MassAppeal.com.
God's Son On Social Media: 25 Reasons You Should Follow Nas On Instagram
1. You get dope-ass onstage pics straight from Nasty.Source: 1 of 11
2. Like, really cool images of God's son at work.Source: 2 of 11
3. Classic family throwbacks.Source: 3 of 11
4. Up close and personal pics of his bling.Source: 4 of 11
5. His jewelry game really is on point.Source: 5 of 11
6. Vacation pics that'll make you envious.Source: 6 of 11
7. His shoe game is impeccable too.Source: 7 of 11
8. Cool artwork that calls for unity: "Place your hand with mine."Source: 8 of 11
9. And he also calls for justice. Caption: "I CANT BREATHE!!!"Source: 9 of 11
10. He lets us get a sneak peek of some in-studio shenanigans with Madonna.Source: 10 of 11
11. The time he was casually dropping some knowledge at Harvard.Source: 11 of 11
Nas Slams Donald Trump And Mike Pence In Open Letter was originally published on globalgrind.com