Chuck Berry, who is credited as one of the creators of rock and roll, has died at the age of 90.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to St. Charles County, Missouri police, officers responded to a medical emergency just after noon on Saturday. While first responders administered lifesaving techniques, the 90-year-old musician could no be revived.
His death comes just months after Berry announced that he was to release a new album, which was to be his first release in 38 years.
Along with his own music, Berry is known as being one of the primary influencers for The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys.
Our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Chuck Berry, 901 of 12
2. Charlie Murphy, 572 of 12
3. Mary Tyler Moore, 803 of 12
4. Claude Lewis, 82Source:Instagram 4 of 12
5. Lee “Q” O’Denat, 435 of 12
6. James Cotton, 816 of 12
7. William Hilliard, 897 of 12
8. Joni Sledge, 608 of 12
9. Clyde Stubblefield, 739 of 12
10. Bishop Eddie Long, 6310 of 12
11. Roy Innis, 8211 of 12
12. Al Jarreau, 7612 of 12