According to reports, the Raven-Symone is leaving her role as co-host of The View to return as Raven Baxter in a spin-off of her Disney Channel series That’s So Raven. Symone is set to executive-produce and star in the show, which is currently in development and does not have a title yet.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The star announced her exit from the ABC talk show during Thursday’s episode, saying that she was “excited and sad but mostly excited” about her news. She revealed there isn’t a title for the project yet, but she’s calling it That’s So Raven 2. She explained, “It’s Raven Baxter. I’m still me. I’m still Raven. But I’m going to be a mother this time. I’m going to be a single mother raising two kids and one of them is going to learn that she has visions.”
That’s So Raven aired from 2003-2007 before becoming the network’s first series to hit the 100-episode mark. No word yet on the series premiere date.
Will you be watching?
15 Times Raven-Symone Was Undeniably Black (PHOTOS)
1. That Time When She Co-Starred On The Single Most Important Show About Black Families: "The Cosby Show."1 of 15
2. Actually Black.2 of 15
3. When She Showed Off Her #TeamNatural Afro. Key Term: Afro.3 of 15
4. Rapping With Da Brat.4 of 15
5. That's So Black.5 of 15
6. Showing Off Her Nikes For The 'Gram...Such A Black Thing To Do.6 of 15
7. Black Family Portrait.7 of 15
8. Raven Rockin' A Kufi.8 of 15
9. This...9 of 15
10. Rockin' These Modern-Day Cealie Dooky Plaits.10 of 15
11. Kufi & A BoomBox.11 of 15
12. That Time She Created This Beautiful Drawing Of An African Woman.12 of 15
13. This Whole Outfit Is African Inspired.13 of 15
14. That Time She Was Walking Around The Streets Of D.C. In A Floor-Length Fur...Looking Like Someone's Black Grandma.14 of 15
15. Terrible Black Fashion Circa 2003.15 of 15
SOURCE: Hollywood Reporter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Youtube