Last night, the 2016 BET Hip-Hop Awards aired a star-studded a very politically charged show. Hosted by DJ Khalid, the evening featured the traditional BET cypher with some from the cast of “Empire,” and some explosive performances that spoke specifically to the present state of black America.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
T.I. closed out the show with some new music from his new EP, “Us Or Else.” His bars were smart and definitely sending a message to the younger generations and the perpetrators of gun violence in our communities. Headkrack explains why, even though the content that T.I. has been creating as of late is different than the old stuff, fans should embrace it. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays from 6-10am EST.
The Best And Worst Looks From The 2016 Hip Hop Awards
1. TISource:AP 1 of 11
2. Rich The KidSource:AP 2 of 11
3. Fat JoeSource:AP 3 of 11
4. DJ Khaled and Consequence's sonSource:AP 4 of 11
5. DJ Holiday and wife EbonySource:AP 5 of 11
6. DJ DramaSource:AP 6 of 11
7. DesiignerSource:AP 7 of 11
8. Dae DaeSource:AP 8 of 11
9. Consequence and his sonSource:AP 9 of 11
10. Fat Joe, Remy MaSource:AP 10 of 11
11. 21 SavageSource:AP 11 of 11