Reggaeton superstar Wisin announced on Friday that his one-month-old daughter Victoria has passed away.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Puerto Rican rapper took to Instagram to reveal the sad news to his fans. In a black and white photo of his wife, Yomaira Ortiz Feliciano, and their daughter Victoria, Wisin wrote in Spanish, “I thank God for her one month of life, one month with Victoria. Princess Victoria, I will see you again in heaven. I’m in so much pain, God please help me. I want to thank millions of people who were praying for our family and for our Victoria.”
GRACIAS MI DIOS POR 1 mes de vida 1 mes de VICTORIA .DIOS DÁ DIOS QUITA Bendito sea el nombre del Señor! PRINCESA #victoria te volvere a ver en el cielo QUE DOLOR TAN GRANDE TENGO DIOS AYUDAME aprovecho para agradecer a millones de personas que estuvieron orando por nuestra familia y por nuestra Victoria Gracias porque en todos los gestos y palabras que tenian con nosotros pudimos ver a DIOS cada dia #MISERICORDIA mi princesa acaba de fallecer
Earlier this month, the Grammy-winning artist of Wisin and Yandel fame revealed on Instagram that the infant was born with genetic disorder trisomy 13, a chromosomal condition that causes intellectual disabilities and physical abnormalities. According to the National Institutes of Health, most babies with the disorder don’t live past a few weeks.
Wisin and Yomaira are also parents to son Dylan and daughter Yelena. We’ll keep the entire family in our prayers.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,' died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer's disease.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in 'Star Wars,' passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in 'Not Another Teen Movie.'Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. 'The Voice' star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. 'Blood, Sweat, & Heels' reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince's protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson's disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.Source:Getty 14 of 14
SOURCE: Us Weekly | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram