Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Those matching cowboy costumes and lace and sequin dresses may look like a disaster in retrospect, but at the time, those threads were 1990’s gold.
The mama of slay went on to partner with daughter Beyoncé for their House of Deréon clothing line, and you can’t consider yourself a Black millennial unless you owned something from that collection.
Even though the line has since folded, the seamstress has gone on to totally revamp her life at the age of 62.
After marrying her boo, Richard Lawson, Tina joined Instagram, giving us an exclusive peek into her life.
And by the looks of it — it’s The Other Side of Fifty lit.
Here are a couple reasons why Tina is everyone’s Black mama on the ‘gram:
1.She Loves Her Grand-Kids And Uses Out-Of-Date Slang
In this post, Tina poses with her grandson Julian after a swim. She didn’t win their race and was feeling pretty “salty” about it:
2. She Uses Corny Jokes That Are Kind Of Funny
You know when your mama makes a joke and it’s not really funny, but because she thinks it’s funny that makes it funny? That’s how this video goes:
3. She Posts Private Video Her Daughter Sent Her To Social Media
You know when you send something to your mom intended just for your mom, but then suddenly you log on and see your aunt, uncle, and everybody else commenting on it because your mom took the liberty to go ahead and post it? Well, Tina did just that. Beyoncé sent her mom this video of her using FaceSwap and her mom was so tickled she had to share:
My Baby ❤️Beyonce sent me this . It's really cool ! I have to learn to do this😄 her face and my face together. Her voice coming out of my mouth . Or maybe it's her mouth ! Hell I don't know😄Really weird😄 No Snapchat!! Seriously !! "It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under😄 Don't push me ! cause I'm close to the edge I'm trying not to lose my head! The Message by Grand Master Flash.
4. She Looks Amazing
All we can say about this is, Black never cracks:
5. She Loves Posting Old Pictures Of Her Kids
This is Solange’s 3rd birthday party:
This is Solange's 3rd birthday party, we created a huge bootleg water world with slip and slides and pools everywhere. She had a Micheal Jackson impersonater! She thought he was really Micheal, because he came in a limo! It was soo fun . Now my baby has turned Thirty ! This seems like yesterday😥 Happy Birthday my baby❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. Look how she is already pointing the toe😄
6. Speaking Of Kids, No Matter How Old They Get, They Are Still Her Babies
Glam-Ma! 15 Photos Of Tina Knowles-Lawson Flexing On Instagram
1. Tina Knowles and her husband Richard Lawson always exude youthful energy and love on the ‘Gram.Source:Instagram 1 of 15
2. Mama T and her first-born, Charlie’s Angels-style.Source:Instagram 2 of 15
3. The queen and her king enjoyed a night out at Kris Jenner’s Great Gatsby-themed 60th birthday party.Source:Instagram 3 of 15
4. Sexy Sixties.Source:Instagram 4 of 15
5. “I woke up like this.”Source:Instagram 5 of 15
6. Tina loves to share her mommy/daughter moments.Source:Instagram 6 of 15
7. She captioned this cute photo of her and Solange: “Me and my baby.”Source:Instagram 7 of 15
8. Glam-Ma duties.Source:Instagram 8 of 15
9. T-Knowles is always in “Formation.”Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Ms. Tina loves her some Kelly.Source:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Here she is with her husband Richard and daughter Solange at Kelly’s birthday party.Source:Instagram 11 of 15
12. “Watermelonnnn” *Cues Beyonce’s Drunk In Love.*Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Tina even posts pics of her ex-husband Mathew Knowles.Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. The Texas gal received the key to her hometown of Galveston Island, Texas.Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. She celebrated her anniversary with Richard Lawson rocking King and Queen hoodies. We see you Miss T!Source:Instagram 15 of 15
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram