Kanye West‘s casting notice for his Yeezy Season 4 fashion show drew a lot of scrutiny from people after it called for “multi-racial women only.” People on twitter pointed out that multi-racial or “mixed” usually means “light-skinned,” and that perhaps Ye’s casting notice was just a veiled request for no one dark-skinned to show up at the casting call to be considered.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Was Kanye in the wrong for his request, or was he simply calling for the elements of his chosen aesthetic like anyone else? Click on the audio player to hear more as Gary With Da Tea and the rest of the cast discuss further in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
Happy Birthday Royalty! The Most Adorable Photos Of Chris Brown’s Baby Girl
1. Royalty Is FlawlessSource:Instagram 1 of 5
2. When King Met Royalty…👑Source:Instagram 2 of 5
3. AdorbsSource:Instagram 3 of 5
4. Breezy’s TwinSource:Instagram 4 of 5
5. Place Her Crown HereSource:Instagram 5 of 5