Just days after Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump declared that his opponent former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was a “bigot who only sees people of color as votes,” the reality star showed with one Tweet that he actually only sees African-Americans as votes.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Early Saturday morning after hearing news that the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade was shot and killed walking her baby in a stroller on the South Side of Chicago, instead of Trump sending his condolences, he used the tragic killing of Nykea Aldridge to bolster his own campaign. In a now-deleted Tweet where he misspelled Wade’s first name wrong, he wrote, “Dwayne Wade’s cousin was just and shot and killed waking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!”
(Hours later, he rewrote the Tweet to spell Wade’s name correctly.)
Sigh…If the Trump campaign is ever at a loss as to why their candidate has the lowest Black support a Republican Presidential candidate has seen in years, they should always refer back to this tasteless and tone-deaf incident.
The Wade family is in shock and grieving and here comes Trump using this tragedy to convince African-Americans that he cares about us and can “fix” our lives. But be clear: If it’s not in a politician’s first instinct to see us as human beings, honor our lives when they are cut too short and recognize the pain of losing a loved one, once in office, their treatment of us and policies that will affect us will only reflect that same trifling mentality.
Obviously, this malarkey was met with much criticism and shock as people wondered how someone could be this insensitive and opportunistic.
Hours later after getting his edges snatched completely off by social media, he Tweeted:
#TooLate: Hasn’t the damage already been done though? Boy Bye.
Famous, Black, & Republican
1. Donnie McClurkin is a registered Republican.1 of 16
2. Condoleezza Rice is a registered Republican.2 of 16
3. Colin Powell served as U.S. Secretary of State under President George W. Bush.3 of 16
4. Stacey Dash supported Mitt Romney.4 of 16
5. Zora Neale Hurston was a supporter of the Republican Party for much of her life.5 of 16
6. 50 Cent is a registered Republican.6 of 16
7. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a registered Republican.7 of 16
8. “Divorce Court” judge, Lynn Toler, is Black and Republican.8 of 16
9. Jimmie “JJ” Walker is a registered Republican.9 of 16
10. Sheryl Underwood is a registered Republican.10 of 16
11. Don King is a registered Republican.11 of 16
12. Karl Malone is a registered Republican.12 of 16
13. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a registered Republican.13 of 16
14. Joseph C. Phillips is a registered Republican.14 of 16
15. Wilt Chamberlain is a registered Republican.15 of 16
16. Greg Anthony supports Mitt Romney.16 of 16
Twitter Demolishes Donald Trump For Insensitive Tweet About The Death Of Dwyane Wade’s Cousin was originally published on hellobeautiful.com