In an interview with The Daily Beast, Zimmerman says, “They didn’t raise their son right. He attacked a complete stranger and attempted to kill him.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Zimmerman did not spare his disdain for the Martin family, further stating to the Beast, “Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin did everything they could to capitalize on her son’s death,” he said. “She was never a mother figure to him. Tracy Martin couldn’t have cared less about their son. He treated him like a dog without a leash.”
These comments come less than a week after news broke that Zimmerman will auction off the gun he used in the February 26, 2012 shooting. Zimmerman is selling the gun on UnitedGunGroup.com. Bidding began at $100,000.
Zimmerman told the news outlet he decided to sell the gun after praying about his decision, claiming he’s suffered financially in the aftermath of the Martin trial. He also spewed venom about the Black Lives Matter Movement, alleging they are on the wrong side of the history; the police involved in Ferguson, Cleveland, and countless other cities are the ones who suffered.
The Daily Beast reached out to Ciara Taylor, political director for Dream Defenders, an activist group assembled after Martin’s death. Taylor vehemently disagreed with Zimmerman’s language, telling the site that May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Zimmerman should seek counsel for his disturbing rhetoric.
“The recent actions of George Zimmerman are prime examples of a mental condition affecting the country at large: a heteropatriarchal, white supremacist societal illness that has been permeating and abstracting the moral conscience of the people United States since its foundation,” said Taylor.
Zimmerman closed the interview offering his thoughts on the 2016 election, saying that he has more “homework” to do before he can endorse Donald Trump. In regards to Hillary Clinton, Zimmerman said he “will do whatever it takes to dispel [Clinton’s] lies and disrupt the Black Lives Matter movement.”
Hillary Clinton & Her Famous Friends
1. Hillary Clinton With Lupita Nyong'oSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Hillary Clinton With Kareem Abdul JabbarSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. Hillary Clinton With Lenny KravitzSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Hillary Clinton With The Royal FamilySource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Hillary Clinton With Anna Wintour And Michael KorsSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Hillary Clinton With Robert DeNiroSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. Hillary Clinton With Bette MidlerSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Hillary Clinton With Elton JohnSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Hillary Clinton With Harrison FordSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Hillary Clinton With Meryl StreepSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Hillary Clinton With Paul McCartneySource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Hillary Clinton With Oscar de la Renta and Antonio BanderasSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Hillary Clinton With Chris ColferSource:Getty 13 of 13
SOURCES: The Daily Beast | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
George Zimmerman On Trayvon Martin’s Parents: “They Didn’t Raise Their Son Right” was originally published on newsone.com