Ever thought about what would happen if Lil Wayne signed to Roc-A-Fella? Well, at one point in history, the discussion was on the table.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Recently, the New Orleans rapper stopped by DJ Drama‘s Shade 45 show and recalled a time where Jay Z offered him less than $200,000 to sign to the Roc. While laughing uncontrollably, Wayne remembers the offer being made during a lunch meetup at the 40/40 Club. Wayne claims Jay offered him $175,000, a number apparently too low for his liking. “I said, ‘Believe that…’ I was looking like…two teeth in my mouth is 175. My bottom teeth. So we laugh about that all the time.”
Apparently, this offer was made in 2005, while Wayne was at the height of his career. The rapper eventually signed with Universal, who was offering him millions at the time. Still, we wonder what the outcome of that would’ve been.
Check out the short clip above.
Father & Son: 12 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman During Happier Times
1. Because bros have each other's backs.Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.Source:Getty 5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.Source:Splash 6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.Source:Getty 10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.Source:Getty 11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.Source:Getty 12 of 12
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty