Wesley Evans, 20, was likely hoping for a clean escape when he hid in his girlfriend’s dishwasher. But he was caught one day after escaping custody at Texas’ Jasper Memorial Hospital on Tuesday, according to the New York Daily News.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Evans, who 6-feet-tall and of slight build, had been serving time for aggravated robbery, auto theft, and arson at the Jasper County Jail when he escaped his security detail, writes the News. Surveillance footage from local businesses showed Evans running in the woods behind a local store, the report says.
From the Daily News:
Police dogs led officers to an apartment complex close by, where his girlfriend lives.
Cops in Jasper County searched her apartment, but could not find him. However, after receiving an anonymous tip, authorities went back and found Evans in the dishwasher at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Chief Deputy Glenn Blank told KTRE.
“That’s pretty hard for a man that size to get in,” Timbers Apartment owner Terry Tootle told the station. “He’s about 6 feet tall and slender in build. I imagine he must have taken the racks out to fit in there.”
Investigators are still trying to determine if the girlfriend, whose name was not released, would be charged in the incident. The apartment is about a half-mile from the hospital in Jasper.
Top 10 Kinds Of Crazy Exes
1. 10. "The Unraveler" - The person who has a total meltdown on you which includes crying, breaking items and throwing stuff.1 of 10
2. 9. "The Trash Talker"- The person who talks a lot of trash after the break up and stirs up drama with you.2 of 10
3. 8. "The Entertainer" - The person who likes to surprise you after you think the relationship is done and pop up unanounced where you happen to be (especially if you're with another person.)3 of 10
4. 7. "The Actress" -The one who is a drama queen!4 of 10
5. 6. "The Arsonist"- The one who likes to point-blank burn up your ish!5 of 10
6. 5. "The Web Master" - The one who is able to hack your emails, Facebook and Twitter accounts to get back at you for their broken heart.6 of 10
7. 4. "The Advertiser" - The one who uses pranks and other schemes to get back at you or to ADVERTISE how much she hates you.7 of 10
8. 3. "The Spiteful Dater" - The one who dates someone to spite you i.e. a co-worker, friend, or even a family member!8 of 10
9. 2. "The Trasher" - The one who bashes you to EVERYONE!9 of 10
10. 1. "The Accidental Texter" - The one who pretends to text you by accident ALL OF THE TIME.10 of 10
SOURCE: New York Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty