No one seems to be able to upstage Donald Trump on live national television during the 2016 presidential campaign. But that all changed Monday night.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As the GOP front-runner addressed how he would create jobs for African-Americans, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly offered the following:
“ …how are you going to get jobs for them? Many of them are ill-educated and have tattoos on their foreheads, and I hate to be generalized about it, but it’s true. If you look at all the educational statistics, how are you going to get jobs for people who aren’t qualified for jobs?”
Amazingly, Trump did not acknowledge the disparaging remark, but he did not admonish O’Reilly for issuing the bigoted phrase either.
NewsOne Now panelist Angela Rye called O’Reilly’s remarks “crazy” and “ridiculous.”
“Donald Trump did not push back,” said Rye. “He allowed that foolishness to continue … If you want to be the president of America, as this president said ‘of all Americas’ — you need to be able to push back on the stereotypes and the bigotry that you are allowing to be spewed out of this cable host’s mouth.”
Roland Martin called O’Reilly out for uttering the racially charged remarks, challenging him to a debate to address issues related to race as well as education: “You’re not going to sit here and make some stupid comments saying ‘most Black youth are ill-educated,’ but then you don’t want to have a real discussion about the education system in America.”
He added, “You are not going to sit here and say they got tattoos on their forehead, which is pretty damn stupid.”
O’Reilly’s ill-educated forehead tattoo comment was not the only remark Martin has taken issue with recently. The NewsOne Now host then blasted O’Reilly for saying he “does not see racism” in his world.
“Guess what,” Martin said. “Your comment you just made is likely why.”
Watch Roland Martin, Angela Rye, and the rest of the NewsOne Now panel discuss Bill O’Reilly’s outrageous remarks in the video clip above.
And We Thought We Came So Far: The Most Racist Moments Of 2014
1. 2014’s Most Racist Moments1 of 24
2. Artie Lange’s Racist & Sexist Tweet2 of 24
3. Sephora Singles Out Asian Customers3 of 24
4. Twitter Racists Hate The “New Annie”4 of 24
5. People Magazine’s Lame HTGAWM Tweet5 of 24
6. ’12 Years A Slave’ Headlines That Hurt6 of 24
7. Fergson Protestors Labeled ‘Animals’7 of 24
8. Huffington Post’s Really Uncomfortable “Once You Go Black” List8 of 24
9. Ebola9 of 24
10. “Breathe Easy, Don’t Break The Law” Shirts10 of 24
11. Fraternity Uses Dark-Skinned Blow Up Doll As Beyonce Sex Doll11 of 24
12. Sony’s Racist Emails12 of 24
13. New Hampshire Police Commissioner Calls Obama The N-Word13 of 24
14. Racist Halloween Costumes14 of 24
15. Richard Sherman Gets Called a ‘Thug’ By Media15 of 24
16. Watermelon Toothpaste Cartoon Featuring Obama16 of 24
17. Shonda Rhimes Labeled “Angry Black Woman” By NYT17 of 24
18. Donald Sterling’s Rant18 of 24
19. Bill O’Reilly19 of 24
20. John Boyega Responds To Racist Star Wars Fans20 of 24
21. Don Lemon Being Don Lemon21 of 24
22. New York Times Called Michael Brown ‘No Angel’22 of 24
23. Booker T. Washington Walkout23 of 24
24. Racist Stripper Goes On ‘N-Word’ Rant24 of 24
Subscribe to the “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on iTunes.
Bill O’Reilly Says Black Youth Are “Ill-Educated & Have Tattoos On Their Heads” was originally published on newsone.com