The legal team for Nick Gordon, the ex-boyfriend of the late Bobbi Kristina Brown, says their client has endured anguish after he was accused by the family of aiding in Brown’s death. Gordon said that the family’s claims were “humiliating” and that he actually attempted to save Brown’s life, PEOPLE reports.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Brown, the daughter of late singer Whitney Houston and entertainer Bobby Brown, died in Duluth, Georgia, last July. Gordon and a friend discovered Brown, 22, face down in a bathtub on Jan. 31 of that year but was too late to revive her. She was placed in a medically-induced coma, dying six months later after several medical experts examined her.
In an exclusive statement delivered to PEOPLE, Gordon’s legal representation shared that their client deeply loved Brown and has been compliant despite the family painting an entirely different image of him.
But in a statement to PEOPLE, Gordon’s attorneys, Jose Baez and Joe S. Habachy, say that their client is innocent – and has been going through a difficult year.
“Nick Gordon’s life has been tumultuous since January of 2015 when he lost the love of his life,” say Baez and Habachy. “On top of being prohibited from visiting Bobbi Kristina at the hospital for the last six months of her life, Nick has been publicly humiliated for more than a year.
“Throughout that time,” the statement continues, “the Fulton County District Attorney’s office has tried to make Nick a murderer despite having clear and convincing evidence that Bobbi Kristina’s death was nothing more than a tragic accident, evidence that the District Attorney’s office fought to seal and conceal from the public rather than allowing her fans to know the truth.”
“The truth is that Nick tried to save Bobbi Kristina’s life. The truth is that Nick cooperated with law enforcement since day one. The truth is that no one loved Bobbi Kristina more than Nick and no one has suffered more as a result of her death than Nick.”
The attorneys added in their statement that the Fulton County District attorney’s office might still be investigating the case but cited that a recent hearing to unseal Brown’s autopsy results proves that there’s has been lack of evidence connecting Gordon to a crime.
The statement concluded with Baez and Habachy asking the District Attorney’s office to come forth with all details of the case and call it a case of suicide or an accident and to not frame it as a murder investigation.
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.25 of 25
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
Attorneys Say Nick Gordon Attempted To Save Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Life was originally published on newsone.com