Malcolm-Jamal Warner sat down with the hosts of “The Real” to talk candidly about the Cosby scandal.
“The Cosby Show” vanished from syndication after case after case of alleged rape emerged, attacking the now ostracized comedian.
“I feel several different ways, one because the show was taken off air, it’s literally taking money out of my pocket,” Warner explained.
“Outside of that,” he continued. ” Even the way the media is playing this whole thing out, I can’t help but think of Woody Allen, Roman Polanski….” he expressed, noting the alleged assault cases that threatened the careers of these men as well.
“There’s no one who has been calling for Woody’s movies to be pulled off air,” he concluded.
While the People Vs. OJ star doesn’t quite say why the media industry may have been looser with its take down of Woody Allen vs Cosby, we can speculate that he probably thinks it has a lot to do with race.
“I am in no position to defend him,” Warner says of his former TV father, ” Because I can’t. But nor will I throw him under the bus.”
We think he brings up a good, safe point, comparing treatment of other stars who have been caught up in criminal investigations, yet their names still remain untarnished.
What do you think? Is the media unfairly dragging Cosby?
Biggest Celebrity Scandals This Year
1. She's Legal...Finally ft. Kylie Jenner and TygaSource:Instagram 1 of 9
2. Watch Your Drinks ft. Bill CosbySource:ABC News Screenshot 2 of 9
3. Liar Liar ft. Brian WilliamsSource:AP 3 of 9
4. He Did WHAT? ft. Josh DuggarSource:AP 4 of 9
5. Patchouli Oil & Weed ft. Zendaya and Giuliana Rancic of Fashion PoliceSource:PR 5 of 9
6. Bye Bye Bye ft. Donald TrumpSource:AP 6 of 9
7. Caught Creepin ft. Scott DisickSource:Kourtney's Instagram 7 of 9
8. Deflategate ft. Tom Brady8 of 9
9. The Case Of The Black-White Woman ft. Rachel DolezalSource:AP 9 of 9