Apparently, Mechelle was just as surprised as the rest of the world when news broke that her marriage of ten years was ending.
TMZ caught up with her outside of an airport and she was more than willing to spill all of their relationship tea like she was sitting down with her best girlfriend! Catch the juicy Q&A below!
Reporter: I heard you and Mike filed for divorce, was it a mutual decision?
Mechelle Epps: No, it was shocking to me.
Reporter: So it caught you off guard?
ME: Yes, because I didn’t know we were separated since the summertime. We’ve been doing everything a married couple does up until January.
Reporter:So just after Christmas?
ME: Yea…well I think when I saw him walking down the streets of New York with a “mysterious girl”, I think that’s what did it.
Reporter:There were some news online that he hit up some girl via her direct message on Twitter?
Reporter:So that’s how it started?
ME: Of course it started before then but me being the loyal wife, being by his side…[shrugs] it just kind of threw me for a loop…Every situation is different. You think you’re in a relationship, you’re being loyal to that person and you think loyalty will always win, but you know…
Reporter:People are people…
ME: People are people and sometimes fame gets to their head.
Lawd! This may get messy! You know the old saying, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” If Mechelle was willing to be so candid with TMZ, imagine what else she’ll say if the price is right?
Ironically, Mike has a starring role in the upcoming ABC reboot of the family comedy, “Uncle Buck” he’s also starring in the highly anticipated Richard Pryor biopic with Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy.
We hope Mike’s personal life doesn’t overshadow his professional accomplishments.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 15
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 15
3. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married…but as we know, it didn’t work out.3 of 15
4. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey4 of 15
5. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.5 of 15
6. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose6 of 15
7. Kimora and Russell Simmons7 of 15
8. Janet Jackson has been divorced…twice.Source:AP) 8 of 15
9. ‘All My Children’ star and current guest star on ‘Power’ Debbi Morgan has been married…and divorced four times.9 of 15
10. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.10 of 15
11. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.11 of 15
12. And we thought it would last – Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.12 of 15
13. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O’Neal.13 of 15
14. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven’t remarried.14 of 15
15. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it’s been finalized…but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?15 of 15