Apparently, Mechelle was just as surprised as the rest of the world when news broke that her marriage of ten years was ending.
TMZ caught up with her outside of an airport and she was more than willing to spill all of their relationship tea like she was sitting down with her best girlfriend! Catch the juicy Q&A below!
Reporter: I heard you and Mike filed for divorce, was it a mutual decision?
Mechelle Epps: No, it was shocking to me.
Reporter: So it caught you off guard?
ME: Yes, because I didn’t know we were separated since the summertime. We’ve been doing everything a married couple does up until January.
Reporter:So just after Christmas?
ME: Yea…well I think when I saw him walking down the streets of New York with a “mysterious girl”, I think that’s what did it.
Reporter:There were some news online that he hit up some girl via her direct message on Twitter?
Reporter:So that’s how it started?
ME: Of course it started before then but me being the loyal wife, being by his side…[shrugs] it just kind of threw me for a loop…Every situation is different. You think you’re in a relationship, you’re being loyal to that person and you think loyalty will always win, but you know…
Reporter:People are people…
ME: People are people and sometimes fame gets to their head.
Lawd! This may get messy! You know the old saying, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” If Mechelle was willing to be so candid with TMZ, imagine what else she’ll say if the price is right?
Ironically, Mike has a starring role in the upcoming ABC reboot of the family comedy, “Uncle Buck” he’s also starring in the highly anticipated Richard Pryor biopic with Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy.
We hope Mike’s personal life doesn’t overshadow his professional accomplishments.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps1 of 13
2. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce2 of 13
3. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.3 of 13
4. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.4 of 13
5. Jill Scott5 of 13
6. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 20176 of 13
7. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin7 of 13
8. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown8 of 13
9. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown9 of 13
10. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs10 of 13
11. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs11 of 13
12. Usher & Grace Miguel12 of 13
13. Usher & Grace Miguel13 of 13
Mike Epps Divorce Drama: Wife Didn’t Know They Were Separated was originally published on hellobeautiful.com