On her journey to becoming one of the greatest tennis players of all time, Serena Williams has been very candid about her experiences with racism and sexism in addition to learning how to be confident with her voluptuous figure.
During her next match against Agnieszka Radwanska, two
fans trolls were in the crowd wearing yellow body paint and blackface while holding a sign that said, “Keep Calm And Be Serena”.
“Australia is a pretty racist country. Not at all surprised” commented
@lovelyfealways on the blackface photo posted by journalist Russell Brown. It’s unfortunate that in 2016, some people still think it’s okay to be blatantly disrespectful and racist.
In true Serena fashion, she went on to beat Radwanska and will face Angelique Kerber in the finals.
Serena Williams Attends Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson Of The Year Ceremony
1. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. 14502785867656Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. 14502785887787Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. 14502786160102Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. 1450278173556Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. 14502781875377Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. 14502785580835Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. 14502785516236Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. 14502782032022Source:Getty 10 of 10
Trolls Wear Blackface To Serena Williams’ Tennis Match was originally published on hellobeautiful.com