“Women are not getting the fair shot that we believe every single American deserves. What kind of example does paying women less set for our sons and daughters?” POTUS announced.
We are sure Barack has Malia and Sasha in mind as he pushes this legislation forward.
Jenny Yang, chairwoman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, believes regular reporting of wages would help eliminate the gap:
“Too often, pay discrimination goes undetected because of a lack of accurate information about what people are paid,” she explained.
Of course, there is republican push back for such a measure. The GOP claims that since gender discrimination is already an illegal practice, additional policing is not necessary.
But what’s legislation without proper enforcement?
This executive move will piggyback off of an order Obama put in place two years ago that called for federal contractors to submit salary data for both male and female employees.
It’s clear Barack is here for women, especially since 3 of the most important ones in his life are his wife and daughters.
Thanks for fighting for us, POTUS.
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
President Obama Flexes His Executive Muscles To Close The Gender Pay Wage Gap was originally published on hellobeautiful.com