The #MLKNow program that took place at Riverside Church in NYC to honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was powerful, haunting, inspirational and revolutionary, but there was one hilarious record-scratching moment that became a Twitter trending topic rather quickly.
J. Cole is married and that sound you hear are hearts breaking around the world.
The big reveal came during a one-on-one interview with Creed director Ryan Coogler, who was one of the organizers of the event. And the 2014 Forest Hills Drive rapper’s reaction was too funny.
When Coogler realized he had made a mistake, he apologized profusely. “I told you I never interviewed somebody before; was that off-limits…what, nobody know?”
Cole’s, still shock, said, “Well, they know now!”
See the good-natured exchange below:
— IG: @MarisaMendez (@MarisaMendez) January 19, 2016
Cole and his college girlfriend have gone through the rumor mill. Just when we think they’re about to tie the knot, we get the news that it’s not true. Apparently, now it’s happened for real.
Congrats J. Cole!
Watch the entire event below. Prepare to be cry, be inspired and ready to fight for justice in the footsteps of MLK.
16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About J. Cole
1. We all know J. Cole's real name is Jermaine Lamarr Cole. But did you know he was born in Frankfurt, Germany?Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. J. Cole's mom is German & his dad, who left a young Jermaine behind very early on in his life, is African-American.Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. The "extent" of his "prepared food" repertoire goes only so far as cereal and PB&Js.Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. J. Cole's first rap name was Blaza. His second was Therapist.Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. He considered himself the underdog. He's quoted as saying: "I've always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds."Source:Getty 5 of 12
6. J. Cole moved his "Born Sinner" release date up from June 25th to June 18th to, specifically, compete with Kanye West's "Yeezus."Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. J. Cole's favorite New Yorker, dead or alive, is Tupac.Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. J. Cole stands tall at 6'3" - he's one inch taller than his mentor, Jay Z.Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. It was J. Cole's mom who encouraged his production, buying her son a $1,300 ASR-X for Christmas so he could make beats at home.Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. J. Cole has worked as a newspaper ad salesman and a bill collector, in addition to dressing as a kangaroo while working at a skating rink.Source:Getty 10 of 12
11. He first attempted to work with Jay Z after college. In 2007, Hov dismissed the young rapper and the beat tape he was trying to shop around.Source:Getty 11 of 12
12. That same night, J. Cole stood around and waited for Jay Z to arrive at the studio, for 3 hours, in the rain - only to get the cold shoulder from Hov.Source:Getty 12 of 12
“Creed” Director Mistakenly Reveals J. Cole Is Married [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com