Saying he “regrets it everyday,” Joe Biden on Wednesday admitted he is remorseful that he did not throw his hat into the ring to seek the presidential bid in 2016, writes Politico.
The vice president has remained mum about the decision since announcing on Oct. 21 that he would not jump into the race because he had run “out of time” to launch a credible challenge to Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, notes the political news outlet.
“I regret it every day, but it was the right decision for my family and for me,” he told an NBC affiliate in Connecticut on Wednesday.
Biden and his family were consumed by grief over the death of his son Beau at age 46 from brain cancer, and the vice president said repeatedly that he wanted to be sure they could handle the ordeal of running for the White House.
Biden pledged to remain “deeply involved” in the presidential campaign throughout 2016, the report says, “noting that ‘there’s real robust debate between Hillary and Bernie’ in the Democratic primary, before adding, ‘as there would’ve been if I was in the race.’”
Fun Facts About The Wives Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates
1. Bernie & Jane O'Meara SandersSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Dr. Ben Carson & Lacena "Candy" CarsonSource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Lincoln & Stephanie ChafeeSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Mike & Katie O'MalleySource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Jim & Hong Le WebbSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Ted & Heidi Nelson CruzSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Jeb & Columba BushSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Mike & Janet HuckabeeSource:Getty 8 of 14
9. Chris Christie & Mary Pat FosterSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Marco Rubio & Jeanette DousdebesSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. Donald & Melania Knauss-TrumpSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. Bill & Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 12 of 14
13. Carly & Frank FiorinaSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. John Kasich & Karen WaldbilligSource:Getty 14 of 14
SOURCE: Politico | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
Joe Biden Remorseful About Not Running For President was originally published on newsone.com