Missy Elliott is back like she never left. Just days before Halloween, Missy Elliott shared a snippet of her new Pharrell-assisted single “WTF (Where They From)” and now, she’s premiering the full version of “WTF” along with a dope music video.
Teaming up with longtime collaborator and director Dave Meyers, Missy and an army of dancers hit the streets of New York City to create another iconic dance video. Unfortunately, Pharrell couldn’t make the shoot, but Missy, who co-directed, came up with the idea to use a puppet created in Skateboard P’s likeness to perform his part.
No word on if Missy is releasing an album anytime soon, but whispers indicate she’ll drop a project sometime in 2016. In the meantime, you can catch her on Janet Jackson‘s comeback album, Unbreakable.
Watch Missy Elliott and Pharrell’s new video up top.
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.Source:Getty 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source:Getty 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.Source:Getty 16 of 16
PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
Missy Elliott & Pharrell Williams “WTF (Where They From)” [NEW MUSIC VIDEO] was originally published on globalgrind.com