Lee Daniels is being sued…again! This time it’s not someone claiming that Empire was their idea, it’s Sean Penn. Penn is suing Daniels for $10 million, claiming that Daniels accused him of hitting women just to make Terrence Howard look better.
Daniels did an interview in which he said, “[Terrence] ain’t done nothing different than Marlon Brando or Sean Penn, and all of a sudden he’s some f***in’ demon…. That’s a sign of the time, of race, of where we are right now in America.”
Penn claims in his lawsuit Daniels’ comments were “reckless and malicious” and Sean has falsely “for years been the subject of scandalous, scurrilous, and baseless attacks.”
Penn has been caught on video attacking paparazzi and prosecuted for it. As for women, there have been numerous reports that he allegedly brutalized Madonna in the late ’80s, and numerous publications reported he was charged and convicted. We did some checking, and it appears the story about being charged and convicted is incorrect … he was never charged.
Penn also states in the lawsuit that Daniels’ defense of Howard is just another way to get publicity for Empire.
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.1 of 8
2. Singer Mary J. Blige was abused at age 5.Source: 2 of 8
3. Poet Maya Angelou was abused by her mother's boyfriend. (AP)Source: 3 of 8
4. Tyler Perry was abused by four different adults during his childhood. (Retna)Source: 4 of 8
5. Actress Monique was abused by a family member. (AP)Source: 5 of 8
6. Queen Latifah was abused by a family member. (Retna)Source: 6 of 8
7. Sugar Ray Leonard was abused by a coach when he was an amateur boxer. (AP)Source: 7 of 8
8. Vanessa Williams was abused by the daughter of a family friend. (Retna)Source: 8 of 8
Sean Penn Is Suing Lee Daniels For Accusing Him Of Beating Women was originally published on hellobeautiful.com