It’s official. Birdman has lost his damn mind. On the heels of allegations that Birdman and Young Thug were conspiring to kill Lil Wayne, TMZ reports that the Cash Money CEO has filed a lawsuit against Jay Z and TIDAL for streaming Lil Wayne’s Free Weezy album.
Text GOSSIP To 71007
To Get The Hottest Tea Daily!
Reply Help for Help; STOP GOSSIP to Cancel; STOP to End All. Message & Data Rates May Apply. 5 messages/week max.
According to TMZ:
Birdman’s company, Cash Money, is suing Tidal for streaming songs from Lil Wayne’s album ‘FWA’ … suing for $50 MILLION. Cash Money claims it has exclusive rights to Wayne’s music and Tidal is an illegal intermeddler.
The lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, gets nasty, with Cash Money claiming Jay Z’s fledgling company is now resorting to “a desperate and illegal attempt to save their struggling streaming service.”
According to the lawsuit, Tidal has claimed Cash Money does not have a exclusive lock on Wayne … Tidal claims Wayne specifically gave it the right to stream his music, in return for part ownership in the company.
Cash Money begs to differ, and the company quotes portions of its contract with Lil Wayne in the lawsuit. The contract specifically says Wayne does not have the power to license his music to anyone else.
Things between Birdman and Lil Wayne are getting nastier by the day. As of today, there hasn’t been any word from Jay Z or TIDAL.
We’ll keep you updated on any emerging details.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.1 of 13
2. Because bros hit the stage together.2 of 13
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.3 of 13
4. Because bros pose for pics together.4 of 13
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.5 of 13
6. Because bros shine together.6 of 13
7. Because bros give bros hugs.7 of 13
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.8 of 13
9. Because bros make hits together.9 of 13
10. Because bros rap together.10 of 13
11. Because bros endure boring events together.11 of 13
12. Because bros give each other props.12 of 13
Why Birdman Is Suing Jay Z & TIDAL For $50 Million was originally published on globalgrind.com