Despite Bobby Brown’s weekend announcement that his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was awake following a months-long hospitalization, Brown’s grandmother said the 22-year-old has “irreversible brain damage.”
Refuting Bobby’s claim Monday, the mother of the late Whitney Houston said Houston’s only daughter remains unresponsive, USA Today reports.
“I have just returned from visiting my granddaughter Bobbi Kristina in the hospital and while she is no longer in a medically induced coma, she has a tracheotomy and according to the doctors she has global and irreversible brain damage and remains unresponsive,” Cissy Houston’s statement said.
“Meeting with the doctors and understanding that she can live in this condition for a lifetime truly saddens me. We can only trust in God for a miracle at this time. Keep us in your prayers.”
As reported by NewsOne over the weekend, Bobby Brown told the audience at a Texas concert that his daughter was “awake” and watching him. Other paternal family members followed. Bobby’s sister, Tina Brown, took to Facebook to say that Bobbi Kristina was awake and “no longer on life support.”
“She is going to be OK,” the post read.
Later, Brown’s lawyer issued a statement that attempted to clear up the claims.
From USA Today:
The statement said there had been “improvement” and that doctors said Bobbi Kristina would live a “long life,” but the “quality of her life would not be known for years to come.”
Brown’s pregnant wife, Alicia Etheredge-Brown, suggested that “Bobbi Kristina would one day have a relationship with her unborn half-sister,” the site reports.
No matter her condition, our thoughts and prayers are with Bobbi Kristina during this difficult time.
SOURCE: USA Today | VIDEO SOURCE: NDN
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.Source:Getty 1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.Source:Getty 2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.Source:Getty 3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.Source:Getty 4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.Source:Getty 5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.Source:Getty 6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.Source:Getty 7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.Source:Getty 8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.Source:Getty 9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.Source:Getty 10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.Source:Getty 11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.Source:Getty 12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.Source:Getty 13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.Source:Getty 14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.Source:Getty 15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.Source:Getty 16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.Source:Getty 17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.Source:Getty 18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.Source:Getty 19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.Source:Getty 20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.Source:Getty 21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.Source:Getty 22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.Source:Getty 23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.Source:Getty 24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.Source:Getty 25 of 25
Cissy Houston: Bobbi Kristina Brown Has Not Improved, Has “Irreversible Brain Damage” [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com