A gunman opened fire on a pair of LAPD cops this past Sunday. Unlike the horrific shooting that claimed the lives of NYPD officers, Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu, the officers were able to return fire and no one was injured.
The officers were responding to a radio call on the South L.A. neighborhood of Vermont-Slauson when they noticed the “muzzle flash” of a rifle and a brief shoot out occurred. LAPD spokeswoman Nuria Venegas confirmed one suspect, a teenager, was arrested. The department was looking for another suspect but has since called off the eight-hour search.
The incident has police departments across America, even more concerned about the heightened awareness of what the media is referring to as a war against cops.
Some members of the LAPD have confided in the media that they want to believe the attempted shooting was not related to the #BlackLivesMatter movement. Meghan Aguilar, a LA-based detective, spoke to KABC-TV about the connection, as her understanding has been a much shared viewpoint on news stations nationwide: “Obviously, with what happened in New York and what we know is the sentiment right now nationwide, in the mornings or in the evenings when you put on your uniform, you’re very much aware that there are some currents of anger toward police. We’re aware that we could be a target for individuals that are angry at law enforcement right now.”
#MillionsMarch In New York, DC & Chicago
1. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All1 of 10
2. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All2 of 10
3. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All3 of 10
4. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All4 of 10
5. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All5 of 10
6. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All6 of 10
7. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All7 of 10
8. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All8 of 10
9. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All9 of 10
10. #MillionsMarch While Demanding #Justice4All10 of 10
Gunman Opens Fire On Two LAPD Officers In Their Patrol Car was originally published on hellobeautiful.com