Reality television has inadvertently consumed our lives the last several years.
Whether a fan of the programming or not, at some point you’ve tweeted about that infamous OMG moment, posted screenshots of a reality TV related meme or reminisced with co-workers, friends and family members about the “good ol days” when wholesome, family oriented television was a daily part of your lives.
Is it overkill? Possibly. Scripted? Some think yes. But where else can you find a former stripper turned singer/rapper a famous producer who is notoriously fathered over five kids and an independent business woman who turned herself into a porn star
on purpose accidentally, all wrapped up in one show?
Regardless of …what’s undeniable is some of the greatest moments on television came in the form of reality.
Let’s take a look back at some of this years top moments.
1. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Kirk Wants A DNA Test
Quite possibly the biggest are-you-kidding-me moment of the season came when Kirk asked Rasheeda for a DNA test for their newborn son Karter. Kirk even went as far as performing an at home test on his son without his wife’s knowledge.
His logic: after Rasheeda “mysteriously” came up pregnant last season in the midst of the couple’s marriage troubles, there was no way she could be carrying his child. So the unprotected sex with your wife had nothing to do with it. Oh.
2. Real Housewives of Atlanta: Kandi Marries Todd
The road to the altar was a bumpy one for Kandi Burruss. In a series filled with drama and emotions, the ‘RHOA’ star has faced off with her mother, Mama Joyce, who called her hubby-to- be everything under the sun. And let’s not forget about the never ending battle between the in laws, namely, Mama Joyce and Todd’s mother.
3. Mary Mary: Tina Finds Out Teddy Had An Affair
In perhaps one of the most hard to watch moments of the third season of gospel duo Mary Mary’s hit reality show, we learn that Tina’s husband Teddy has been unfaithful in their marriage. After revealing the secret of infidelity in an interview, what we see next is a spiral of emotions that not only effect Tina but Erica as well.
Everything proves to be too much for Tina when she breaks down in the middle of her concert and makes the decision to not only leave Teddy, but also take a break from Mary Mary.
4. Love & Hip Hop Hollywood: April & Omarion Have A Baby
Before the cameras started rolling almost none of us knew Omarion was in a relationship, let along expecting a baby. On this installment of the famed Love & Hip Hop series, Mona Scott Young and crew introduce us to April, Omarion’s sassy, opinionated girlfriend. The pair walk us through their pregnancy and we quickly learn that the former B2K singer was the product of a natural birth so they want their son to be born the same way.
What makes for possibly the realest and sweetest reality TV moment ever, the cameras capture April in labor with Omarion right by her side an even accompanying her in the birthing pool. 36 hours later we meet the couple’s first son, Megaa.
5. Braxton Family Values: Towanda’s Temper Tantrum
There hasn’t been a more intense Braxton moment than when Towanda famously went into a fit at dinner with her family. The result: broken glasses and a dramatic exit from the sisters that eventually led to an even more drama filled therapy session and sister’s retreat.
The line, “nobody f*cking cares!” left fans stunned that the normally mild mannered Braxton sister would go into such a rage after feeling as if she and her emotions were unimportant.
6. The Family Hustle: T.I. Gets A Mani/Pedi With His Daughters
Missing a reality TV show that you can watch with the entire family? T.I. and Tiny and their blended family of six pack plenty of sweet moments in the third season of their show. Such was the case when the rapper decided to spend some quality time with his girls, Zonnique and Dejah to talk boys, boys and of course boys.
What might have made for an awkward and embarrassing conversation for the two teenagers, what was painfully clear to all of us watching was the lovably nosy role the Atlanta rapper played in their lives.
7. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Mimi
Accidentally Makes A Sex Tape
When news first broke that Mimi had a sex tape floating around the world was seemingly shocked. After several rounds of denying and even lying about the contents of the tape, without much consideration she agreed to sell the “leaked” tape to a pornography distributor, thus making her a bonafide porn star.
Her take on it, the profits from the tape would help put her young daughter through college. We’re guessing getting a check per episode (not to mention hosting parties) couldn’t help in that feat.
Funny, sad, trifling or downright wrong — what was your top reality television moment this year?
Celebrities Whose Reality Got Too Real
1. Tiny and TISource:Instagram 1 of 17
2. Hank and Kendra BassettSource:PR 2 of 17
3. Keyshia Cole and Daniel 'Boobie' GibsonSource:Instagram 3 of 17
4. Ice T and CocoSource:PR Photos 4 of 17
5. Jennifer WilliamsSource:PR Photos 5 of 17
6. Kelly Price6 of 17
7. Kenya Moore7 of 17
8. Chad Johnson8 of 17
9. Porsha Williams9 of 17
10. Russell Armstrong10 of 17
11. Lamar Odom11 of 17
12. Jon & Kate Goslin12 of 17
13. Anna Nicole Smith13 of 17
14. Kris Humphries14 of 17
15. Bobby Borwn15 of 17
16. Nadya Suleman16 of 17
17. Kanye West17 of 17
Stars Who Broke Into The Industry After Reality TV
1. David OtungaSource:David Otunga Instagram 1 of 15
2. Nene LeakesSource:YouTube Screenshot 2 of 15
3. Scott DisickSource:Scott Disick Instagram 3 of 15
4. Draya MicheleSource:PR 4 of 15
5. Toccara JonesSource:Instagram 5 of 15
6. Monyetta ShawSource:Courtesy 6 of 15
7. Jordin SparksSource:PR 7 of 15
8. Porsha StewartSource:Rance Elgin 8 of 15
9. Eva MarcilleSource:PR Photos 9 of 15
10. Rueben StuddardSource:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Tanisha ThomasSource:Twitter 11 of 15
12. FantasiaSource:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Jennifer HudsonSource:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Bre ScullarkSource:Twitter 14 of 15
15. Teyana TaylorSource:Instagram 15 of 15
Favorite Reality TV Divas
1. Tia & Tamera MowrySource:Getty 1 of 50
2. Yandy SmithSource:Getty 2 of 50
3. Tameka "Tiny" HarrisSource:Getty 3 of 50
4. Tina CampbellSource:Getty 4 of 50
5. Tamar BraxtonSource:Getty 5 of 50
6. Taj GeorgeSource:Getty 6 of 50
7. Khloe KardashianSource:Getty 7 of 50
8. Porsha StewartSource:Getty 8 of 50
9. Phaedra ParksSource:Getty 9 of 50
10. OliviaSource:Getty 10 of 50
11. Faith EvansSource:Getty 11 of 50
12. MonicaSource:Getty 12 of 50
13. Kenya MooreSource:Getty 13 of 50
14. Melissa GorgaSource:Getty 14 of 50
15. MashondaSource:Getty 15 of 50
16. Lisa WuSource:Getty 16 of 50
17. Laurieann GibsonSource:Getty 17 of 50
18. Kim ZolciakSource:Getty 18 of 50
19. T-BozSource:Getty 19 of 50
20. Erica CampbellSource:Getty 20 of 50
21. Emily BustamanteSource:Getty 21 of 50
22. Jackie Christie22 of 50
23. Chrissy LampkinSource:Getty 23 of 50
24. Sheree WhitfieldSource:Getty 24 of 50
25. Adrienne BailonSource:Getty 25 of 50
26. June AmbroseSource:Getty 26 of 50
27. Towanda BraxtonSource:Getty 27 of 50
28. Jennifer WilliamsSource:Getty 28 of 50
29. Traci BraxtonSource:Getty 29 of 50
30. Trina BraxtonSource:Getty 30 of 50
31. Lala AnthonySource:Getty 31 of 50
32. Evelyn Lozada32 of 50
33. Angela SimmonsSource:Getty 33 of 50
34. Nene LeakesSource:Getty 34 of 50
35. Kim KardashianSource:Getty 35 of 50
36. Kandi BurrussSource:Getty 36 of 50
37. Cynthia BaileySource:Getty 37 of 50
38. Toni BraxtonSource:Getty 38 of 50
39. Kourtney KardashianSource:Getty 39 of 50
40. Tami Roman40 of 50
41. Tyra BanksSource:Getty 41 of 50
42. Lisa Raye McCoySource:Getty 42 of 50
43. Kimora Lee SimmonsSource:Getty 43 of 50
44. Syleena JohnsonSource:Getty 44 of 50
45. Shaunie O'Neal45 of 50
46. Sheree FletcherSource:Getty 46 of 50
47. Keke WyattSource:Getty 47 of 50
48. Nicole MurphySource:Getty 48 of 50
49. Draya Michelle49 of 50
50. Andrea KellySource:Getty 50 of 50
(Photo/Video Source: Instagram, YouTube)