Wow…REALLY? According to NBC Bay Area, students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord, California wanted to come up with ways to celebrate Black History Month in a lunchtime celebration. But when the private Christian school announced a lunch of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, students and parents were outraged and offended. Happy Black History Month y’all!
Take a look at the story below.
Hmmmm does it say something that the administrators didn’t want to be on camera? We understand that high school kids may not have known better but grown adults? C’mon we have to do better people….honestly.
However, we will say this…there is a lot of our history rooted in those dishes and WHY we had to eat some of things we did and do. Though many of the stories are not pretty….they are definitely educational.
The Black Experience: Famous Folks’ Favorite Soul Food Dish
1. Jennifer HudsonSource: 1 of 14
2. President ObamaSource: 2 of 14
3. Barack and Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 14
4. BeyonceSource: 4 of 14
5. Kanye WestSource: 5 of 14
6. Patti LaBelleSource: 6 of 14
7. Jennifer LopezSource: 7 of 14
8. Meagan GoodSource: 8 of 14
9. Mary J. BligeSource: 9 of 14
10. Kelly RowlandSource: 10 of 14
11. LeBron JamesSource: 11 of 14
12. Octavia SpencerSource: 12 of 14
13. Chris BrownSource: 13 of 14
14. Will SmithSource: 14 of 14
Keep Up With Rickey Smiley On Facebook!
Bay Area School Black History Month Menu: Fried Chicken, Watermelon [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com