As you prepare to head to the theaters during opening night, let’s get you prepared for the long awaited sequel to The Best Man—The Best Man Holiday.
It’s been 14 years since writer and director Malcolm Lee introduced the original cast—Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Harold Perrineau Jr., Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Monica Calhoun, Regina Hall, and Melissa De Sousa—to the nation.
After going to a preview at the Howard Theater on Nov. 13 in the nation’s capital, let’s get you ready for tonight.
Here is what you need to know.
1. Bring tissue. Even if you aren’t the teary-eyed type you will need a pack of these. Most of the previews show the good times but don’t be fooled. These characters have depth.
2. Take friends. This is definitely one of those films you want to make a night out of. You’ll need someone to laugh, cry and look at with Morris Chestnut comes on the screen. Trust me.
3. Use the bathroom; grab your popcorn and drinks. This is definitely one of the films that you won’t want to interrupt.
4. Prepare for the next sequel. In an interview with MSNBC’s Tamron Hall, the director, Malcolm Lee says he has the next Best Man sequel in mind. Lee says he knows it took awhile for this movie to be produced, but at the time he added wanted to give his characters room to grow.
5. Critics gave the movie well-rounded reviews. Although the comedy/drama received some flack over having a plot too many, overall it was rated he movie to see this holiday season.