Showtime’s newest drama series The First Lady debuted on Sunday (April 17). Viola Davis’ depiction of former first lady Michelle Obama has resulted in nonstop jokes on social media. Naturally, we are here to provide you with the funniest and shadiest Twitter takes.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
One episode from the series has fans in a frenzy after seeing the Oscar award-winning actress’ interesting (for lack of better words) portrayal of Michelle Obama, former President Barack Obama’s wife.
The series debuted on Showtime Sunday, April 17. The First Lady follows a revelatory reframing of American leadership, told through the lens of the women at the heart of the White House. The highly anticipated drama series features Davis, who is usually known for nailing each of her roles.
Davis has portrayed iconic roles over the years like Annalise Keating from How to Get Away with Murder and Rose Maxson in Fences. Fans expect that anything Davis is involved in will be cinematic gold, and this show is no different. The gold is just in the form of pursed lips and subsequential memes.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Fans specifically mock her performance in one scene where she is speaking and her lips are overly pursed. The scene shows Davis as Michelle conversing with her husband Barack, played by O-T Fagbenle. Fans flock to social media to tease the star’s portrayal.
Some question how our forever first lady Michelle Obama may be feeling. Others feel this must be a comedy series over a drama because it’s an unbelievable parody. Either way, Davis did what she felt was necessary for the role and committed!
We gathered our favorite viral tweets about Davis in The First Lady below.
- The Visuals: Beyoncé Announces Electric ‘Renaissance’ Concert Film
- Puffco Founder Roger Volodarsky Talks Puffcon, The Future Of Cannabis & More
- New Orleans Preps For The Worst As Drinking Water Faces New Threat
1. What Would Michelle Say?Source:roseinharlem
2. Now ViolaSource:LaborWithTaylor
4. A New Meaning To Duck LipsSource:bigfatmoosepssy
5. We Need The Michelle Obama Exclusive ReactionSource:cari_mclellan
6. We’ll Always Love ViolaSource:stuckiny2k
7. Still Our GoatSource:PROSTlTUTlON
8. Don’t Blame Her, Michelle Was Just Trying To HelpSource:nottramar
9. It’s Hard Out HereSource:fruitygangsta
10. She Is CommittedSource:_theeunicorn_
11. Not Lil BabySource:Monty_Badu
12. Keep My Wife’s Name Out Your MouthSource:rosechocglam
13. Truth Is, We’re TiredSource:Katy33055970
14. Relax The LipsSource:cari_mclellan
15. Mrs. Davis STUDIED the PartSource:Smartguyy
16. Wouldn’t Have Been Upset At This OneSource:thenotoryousone
17. Y’all Really Hated Healthy School LunchesSource:agracia623
18. Erase The Episode From HistorySource:BNjalo_artist
Ime Udoka's Alleged Mistress Revealed As 34-Year-Old Married Mormon Kathleen Nimmo Lynch
Love Triangle: Remy Ma Seems Unfazed By Cheating Allegations [WATCH]
Anthony Anderson Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife $20K A Month In Spousal Support, Social Media Chimes In
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
Be Careful When Shopping At Temu
Nia Long Name Drops Ime Udoka’s Alleged Mistress & Slams Boston Celtics
Tight Ends: Miami Dolphin Tyreek Hill Wants To Become Porn Star After Retiring, Social Media Has Thoughts
When The Family Feuds: 10 Public Celebrity Sibling Beefs That Got Ugly