It seems unreal that the late, great Notorious B.I.G. has been gone for over 20 years. Today (May 21) would’ve been his 47th birthday.
Biggie’s lyrics and flow were culture shifting that fans young and old still bump his music today. The Brooklyn emcee did so much during his short time in the rap game that he’s considered your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper. We honor the notorious one on the anniversary of his death by acknowledging some of the greatest bars he ever spit.
His legacy lives on.
Verses To Live By: The Notorious B.I.G.’s 9 Greatest Lines was originally published on globalgrind.com
1. The Notorious B.I.G. – “Party & Bullshit”Source:false
“Lounging black, smoking sacks up in Ac’s and Sidekicks / With my sidekicks rocking fly kicks.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
2. Craig Mack feat. The Notorious B.I.G. & LL Cool J – “Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)”Source:false
“Disappear, vamoose, you’re wack to me / Take them rhymes back to the factory / I see the gimmicks, the wack lyrics, the shit is / Depressing, pathetic, please forget it.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
3. Unbelievable – Biggie (Original Version)Source:false
“Live from Bedford Stuyvesant / The Livest one / Representing BK to the fullest / Gats I pull it bastards ducking when Big be bucking.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
4. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony feat. The Notorious B.I.G. – “Notorious Thugs”Source:false
“Armed and dangerous / Ain’t too many can bang with us / Straight up weed, no angel dust / Label us Notorious / Thug ass niggaz that love to bust, it’s strange to us.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
5. The Notoroius B.I.G. – “Sky’s The Limit”Source:false
“Getting larger in waists and tastes / Ain’t no telling where this felon is heading, just in case / Keep a shell at the tip of your melon, clear the space / Your brain was a terrible thing to waste.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
6. The Notorious B.I.G. – “Machine Gun Funk”Source:false
“Sticks and stones break bones, but the gat’ll kill you quicker / Especially when I’m drunk off the liquor.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
7. The Notorious B.I.G. feat. 112 – “Miss U”Source:false
“We work all week, weekends we play the movies / We rock flatops, our girls rocked doobies / Made a killin’, even though the D’s knew me / Eventually, you know they try to do me.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
8. The Notorious B.I.G. – Freestyle At MSGSource:false
“I got 7 Mac-11’s / About eight 38s / Nine 9s, 10 Mac Tens / The shit never ends / You can’t touch my riches / Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 bitches.” – The Notorious B.I.G.
9. The Notorious feat. Method Man – “The What”Source:false
“Excuse me, flows just grow through me / Like trees to branches, cliffs to avalanches / It’s the praying mantis, deep like the mind of Farrakhan.” – The Notorious B.I.G.