In a recent interview with Ellen Pompeo for Variety’s “Actors On Actors” series, Henson reveals Tyler Perry was the first studio head to shell out a half-million dollar paycheck to her for a role.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Continuing, “It’s not going to change until privilege reaches across the table and helps. Otherwise, we’re playing a rerun. The only narrative that I wish I could change is my money. It’s almost like they want this incredible performance for a discount price. The black movies — we don’t get big budgets. I have to wait until Scorsese or someone with a franchise film calls.”
The 48-year-old also revealed that she was making way less than her “Empire” co-star Terrence Howard when the show first became a hit. She said the fan reaction to her character helped her ask for more money on the table.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“But when all the tweets were about Cookie, I said, “It’s time to renegotiate. Can everybody sit down at the table, please?” I’d been in the game long enough to know the numbers game, and I knew Cookie had become iconic. You need her. So, I need my money.”
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
Taraji P. Henson: Our Fav ‘Round The Way Girl
1. Taraji P. HensonSource: 1 of 6
2. Taraji P. HensonSource: 2 of 6
3. Taraji P. HensonSource: 3 of 6
4. Taraji P. HensonSource: 4 of 6
5. 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards – ArrivalsSource: 5 of 6
6. Taraji P. HensonSource: 6 of 6
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Here Are Photos Of Diddy’s Rumored New Girlfriend Gina Huynh
- 9 Times Gabrielle Union’s Bikini Body Sent Us Straight To The Gym
- Meteorologist Airs Out “Bachelorette” Watchers Over Complaints About Weather Reports
Taraji P. Henson Reveals The Very First Person That Paid Her Half A Million For A Role was originally published on getuperica.com