3. Split ends
While there’s really no remedy to combat split ends outside of a trim, there are ways to prevent them. Coconut oil is a preventative method on wet hair in deep conditioning because the texture of it helps detangle hair that otherwise might break off. Dabbing a little coconut oil on dry hair ends also creates a protective barrier to prevent split ends.
– Unrefined virgin coconut oil is the best for bodily usage. It’s natural and isn’t bleached or deodorized like the refined option. Recommended: Spectrum’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil ($8).
– Store coconut oil in a cool, dark place for easy scooping (i.e. cabinet or pantry)
READ MORE ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Tia Mowry Shares Her Reaction To Being On The Cover Of Variety’s ‘Power Of Women’ Issue
- Mary J. Blige Gives Us Style Goals In A Balenciaga Catsuit
- Ahead of New Term, SCOTUS Honors Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson During Investiture Ceremony
- Beyoncé, Queen Latifah & More Celebrate Solange’s Big Night At The Ballet
- White Conservatives Are Big Mad At Lizzo For Playing James Madison’s Flute