Uzo Brooks and Danielle Brooks came by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about season 6 of “Orange Is The New Black.” They both talked about how the show has been life changing for them and can’t believe where it is right now. The show has been up for multiple awards and even took home a Sag Award.
Danielle spoke about how she almost didn’t take the role because her family is very conservative and they wanted her to be topless. Her father told her to follow her heart and that’s just what she did. Their characters humanize prisoners and tell a story of being victims of circumstance as well as address mental illness.
Gary With Da Tea mentioned that Da Brat should be on the next season and she began talking about how she understands the show so much after spending time in there. Uzo spoke about how fans will begin watching it the day it comes out and then spend 13 hours watching all of it. Make sure you watch the next season of “Orange Is The New Black” on Netflix.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Congrats! Gabby Sidibe Is Engaged!
- How To Enjoy Thanksgiving As A New Vegan
- Meet Shuwanza Goff, The Black Woman Who Will Help Advance Biden’s Agenda On Capitol Hill
- Everyone Is Counting On Black Women Again To Go The Distance In Georgia’s Senate Runoff Race
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals She Is Texting Buddies With The Carters
- Violent History Of Florida Deputy Who Fatally Shot Black Teens Prompts Concerns As Families Of Victims Await Answers
- GRAMMYs 2021: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- Burt’s Bees Issues An Apology After Offensive Holiday Ad Features A Fatherless Black Family
- Future Hendrix: A Series Of Our Favorite Future Memes
- John Boyega Spoke to President of Lucasfilm About Diversity In ‘Star Wars’