Uzo Brooks and Danielle Brooks came by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about season 6 of “Orange Is The New Black.” They both talked about how the show has been life changing for them and can’t believe where it is right now. The show has been up for multiple awards and even took home a Sag Award.
Danielle spoke about how she almost didn’t take the role because her family is very conservative and they wanted her to be topless. Her father told her to follow her heart and that’s just what she did. Their characters humanize prisoners and tell a story of being victims of circumstance as well as address mental illness.
Gary With Da Tea mentioned that Da Brat should be on the next season and she began talking about how she understands the show so much after spending time in there. Uzo spoke about how fans will begin watching it the day it comes out and then spend 13 hours watching all of it. Make sure you watch the next season of “Orange Is The New Black” on Netflix.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Main Character Revealed of ‘Hunger Games’ Prequel
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Directors Want Eddie Murphy Sequel As Their Next Project
- Heyy Ya! Andre 3000 Is Making A Comeback, But It’s Not What You Think
- OWN Reportedly Cancels John Gray’s ‘The Book Of Gray’ After Three Seasons
- Grammys Reveal Details For A Star-Studded Nipsey Hussle Tribute Performance
- Missy Elliott’s Urban One Honors Acceptance Speech Is The #BlackGirlMagic Moment We Needed
- A Lot of Celebs Had Babies Over the Weekend!
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Rihanna & A$AP Rocky Spark Dating Rumors After Singer’s Reported Breakup