Anthony Anderson was placed under criminal investigation by the LAPD Friday (July 20th) after a woman claimed the actor assaulted her at an event. The woman, who worked as a caterer for Anderson, filed a police report earlier this year and Anderson’s legal team are calling the claims baseless.
The Blast exclusively reports:
We’re told after the initial event, the woman met with Anderson a second time to discuss future business opportunities when the alleged assault occurred.
Sources close to the situation tell us she felt comfortable enough to come forward months after the alleged incident occurred, due in part to the “#MeToo movement.”
LAPD has confirmed to the The Blast, “We have a crime report listing him as a suspect in a crime,” and added, “It is an open investigation.”
The specific details regarding the alleged assault are currently unclear.
In a statement to The Blast, Anderson’s spokesperson said, “It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”
- 5 Ways To (Not) Celebrate The Fourth Of July
- FedEx Asks That Washington NFL Team Be Renamed, Name Under Review
- We Didn’t Ask For This: NFL To Play Black National Anthem Before Games In Week 1
- The NBA Season Might Be A Wash Due To COVID-19 Says Commissioner Adam Silver
- DJ Akademiks Suspended From Complex For Slandering Chrissy Teigen, Freddie Gibbs Approves
Anthony Anderson Under Criminal Investigation For Alleged Assault Of Woman was originally published on hiphopwired.com