Gareon Conley, of the Oakland Raiders, filed a countersuit against the woman who accused him of sexual assault last year.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The accusations came two days prior to the 2017 NFL draft. The timing and nature of the accusations affected Conley’s draft position and endorsements.
Prior to the accusations, he was widely seen as the best cornerback in the draft and a possible top-10 pick, Conley instead went to the Raiders at No. 24. He also lost a number of endorsements, including one from Nike.
In July, a Cleveland grand jury said it would not file charges against Conley in connection to the woman’s claims.
Conley is seeking at least $25,000 in damages. He says that the woman’s claim was false and “undoubtedly made out of malice,” reports USA Today.
- Beyoncé And Adidas Reportedly Agree To End Ivy Park Partnership
- Janelle Monáe Is Highlighting The Legacy Of Progressive Black Artist Loïs Mailou Jones
- Watch: Mo’Nique Reintroduces Herself In Netflix Stand Up Special ‘My Name is Mo’Nique’ Trailer
- Gary’s Tea: Nick Cannon Regrets Not Having Kids With His Ex
- Not Just For Kicks: SNIPES Celebrates Women’s History Month By Launching Its ‘Breaking Ceilings’ Series Featuring Scottie Beam, Didi Richards & More
Raiders’ Gareon Conley Sues Woman Who Accused Him Of Sexual Assault was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Da Brat Cradles Her Adorable Baby Bump On Instagram
ATL Reacts to Cee-Lo Green Falling Off a Horse at Shawty Lo Party
‘The Wire’ Actor Lance Reddick Has Died, Age 60
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Michael B. Jordan And Jonathan Majors Give Angela Bassett A Shoutout At The Oscars
CASSIUS Gems: 15 Times Bianca Lawson Proved She Was Ageless On Instagram