Suge Knight is doing right by his late mother even while locked up. The former Death Row exec is paying or her funeral’s costs, despite not being allowed to attend.
Sources close to the ex-rap mogul tell TMZ … Suge will fork over around $20k to cover the costs associated with burying his mother, Maxine Chatman. TMZ broke the story … Maxine died last weekend after suffering a stroke.
Maxine’s plot — at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, CA — has already been covered. The funeral service will be held there early next month. As we first reported … Suge’s not allowed to attend the funeral because he’s an inmate who falls under a category that makes him ineligible to attend funerals … that category is murder defendant.
Rest in power Maxine Chatman.
- Out Of Respect For Daunte Wright And A Grieving Community, Minnesota Teams Cancel Games
- Memorial Services For DMX To Be Held At Yonkers Raceway, Might Get A Statue In Yonkers Too?
- Is Dwayne Johnson Open to White House Run? New Polls Shows High Favorability
- Virginia Cop Fired After Pepper-Spraying Black Army Lieutenant During Violent Traffic Stop
- Usher Pays Adult Entertainers In “Ush Bucks” & Fans Are Clowning Him For It On Twitter
Suge Knight Paying For Mother’s Funeral He Can’t Attend was originally published on hiphopwired.com