Multi-talented Mary J. Blige will have the opportunity to flex her acting chops once again. After her two-time Oscar-nominated performance in Netflix’s ‘Mudbound,’ Mary is set to star in new police brutality centered film, “Body Cam.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“The story has been described as a tonal blend of ‘Get Out’ and ‘End of Watch,’” The Hollywood report describes.
The film follows LAPD officers who are haunted by the spirit of a young Black man whose life was ended at the hands of White cops. The entire tragedy was captured by a body cam that was destroyed in a cover-up plot. Mary’s character becomes vexed by visions and begins to investigate what happened.
The script was written by Richmond Riedel and rewritten by Nicholas McCarthy and John Ridley, THR reports.
- Dame Dash Was Arrested For Child Support, Paid Tab And Is Free
- Masika Calls Fetty Wap “Toxic and Trash”, Drags His Wife
- Microsoft Working On Bringing Gmail, Google Drive, & Calendar To Outlook
- Chuck D Puts Culture Vulture Jackets On Jerry Springer & Maury Povich
- Alicia Keys Takes To Instagram To Talk Judgement After Son Paints His Nails
SOURCE: THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
Mary J. Blige To Star In Police Brutality Themed Horror Film “Body Cam” was originally published on hellobeautiful.com