Reggie Bush suffered a torn meniscus in 2015 during a game when he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers at an away game against the St. Louis Rams. The former NFL running back and Heisman Trophy winner successfully sued the Rams organization and will be awarded $12.5 million for the injury.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports:
The Los Angeles Rams were ordered to pay Reggie Bush $4.95 million in compensatory damages and $7.5 million in punitive damages.
The jury found the Rams 100 percent liable for Bush’s injury. He had also sued public agencies that own and operate the Dome, but they were dismissed from the suit by a judge last week after arguing the football team had control of operations at the facility on game days.
“I’m very happy with the verdict,” Bush told the Post-Dispatch after the verdict. “The people spoke and decided very fairly.”
Bush, 33, filed the suit in 2016 and suffered the season-ending injury on November 1, 2015 after he was returning a punt and shoved out of bounds. Bush slipped on a so-called “concrete ring of death” that surrounded the 49ers bench and was not covered properly. After Bush’s injury, the concrete ring was covered in rubber padding.
Bush, who was once romantically linked to Kim Kardashian, retired from the NFL in 2016 after playing one last season with the Buffalo Bills.
- Birthday Bash 2018 [PHOTOS]
- Oprah Winfrey & Apple Reach Deal To Create Original Content
- Dr. Dre Is Making A Marvin Gaye Movie & These Actors Could Ace The Lead Role
- Pittsburgh Rapper Jimmy Wopo Is Killed In Drive-By Shooting
- Don’t Sleep On Loneliness—It Can Literally Affect Your Health
22 Photos Of Football Players With Their Sons (PHOTOS)
1. Tom BradySource:Getty 1 of 19
2. Roddy White2 of 19
3. Andrew WhitworthSource:David Kohl- USA Today 3 of 19
4. Matt ToeainaSource:Getty 4 of 19
5. Joe Flacco5 of 19
6. Vince WIlfork6 of 19
7. Peyton Manning7 of 19
8. Larry FitzgeraldSource:Getty 8 of 19
9. Frank GoreSource:Getty 9 of 19
10. Jason WittenSource:Getty 10 of 19
11. Dwayne BoweSource:Screenshot 11 of 19
12. Dez Bryant and his boy.Source:Instagram 12 of 19
13. Lesean McCoy holds his son close.Source:Instagram 13 of 19
14. Chris Hoke and his son CadeSource:Getty 14 of 19
15. Rick Seubert and his son HunterSource:Getty 15 of 19
16. Plaxico Burress and his son ElijahSource:Getty 16 of 19
17. Aaron SmithSource:Getty 17 of 19
18. Casey HamptonSource:Getty 18 of 19
19. Drew BreesSource:Getty 19 of 19
Reggie Bush Gets $12.5 Million For 2015 Knee Injury was originally published on hiphopwired.com