Facing possible imprisonment at age 80, Bill Cosby is getting his affairs in order.
The comedian, found guilty last week of aggravated indecent assault, has been quietly selling off his Los Angeles real estate portfolio, including several top-tier commercial properties in downtown Santa Monica, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Cosby currently owns two Santa Monica properties along Main Street listed for a combined $26
million, according to online property records.
One spot is a two-story, 8,668-square-foot brick building at the corner of Main and Hill that is zoned for retail and office space and now listed at $20 million. Its principal tenant is a Starbucks on the ground floor.
Cosby also owns a separate parcel of land up the street at 3016 Main St. That property is a parking lot at the corner of Marine Street and is on the market for $5.7 million. The lot is 6,024 square feet and has the potential for a 4,018-square-foot building.
According to THR, Cosby also sold a 9,500-square-foot building at 3008 Main St. for $11.8 million in September of 2015, when the sexual assault accusations against him from dozens of women began surfacing, and LAPD was conducting a criminal investigation into the comedian.
All three of the Main Street properties are tied to C.O.C. Real Estate LLC, which lists Cosby’s wife, Camille, as its principal. Cosby has made no comment on the reason for selling his portfolio.
Cosby faces up to 10 years for each of the three felonies he was convicted of. He is free on $1 million bail until sentencing, which is expected in the next two months. The judge in the trial confined Cosby to his Pennsylvania home until he is sentenced.
Cosby’s legal team has vowed to appeal the conviction, a process that could take years. At least 10 women have pending civil suits against Cosby accusing him of sexual assault or defamation.
- For The Culture Podcast: The History Of Funk
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case Timeline
1. December 20011 of 12
2. Janaury 2004Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. January 2005 to November 2006Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. October 2014 to December 20144 of 12
5. Winter & Spring of 20155 of 12
6. July 6, 20156 of 12
7. July 2015 to December 20157 of 12
8. February 2016 to December 20168 of 12
9. April 20179 of 12
10. June 201710 of 12
11. June 201711 of 12
12. January 2018 to April 201812 of 12
Bill Cosby Is Selling Off His Los Angeles Real Estate was originally published on blackamericaweb.com