Mayor of Compton, Aja Brown, has ended her run for the 44th Congressional District of San Pedro and Long Beach because she is pregnant, according to Daily News. She made the announcement Thursday night, April 5.
“To date, one of my highest honors has been dedicating my time and life to serving my community,” Brown expressed. “However, at this point in my life, my family commitments supersede my ability to expand my level of service.”
On March 8, Brown announced that she’d be running for the Congressional seat, filled by Nanette Diaz Barragán, saying, “our community deserves an experienced representative that has served in our neighborhood and understands our issue and is committed to real progress.”
Like Barragán, Brown is a Democrat. With Brown out of the race, Barragán will face off with the Republican candidate Jazmina Saavedra.
- Rickey Smiley Sits Down With Syleena Johnson & Quad Webb-Lunceford Of “Sister Circle” On The Next Episode of “Rickey Smiley For Real” [VIDEO]
- How Stacey Abrams Is Taking A Stand To Make Sure Voter Suppression Never Happens Again [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Gary’s Tea: Neighbor Calls The Police On Black Man Singing Jay-Z Lyrics, The First Aunt Viv Lands Role On “General Hospital” & More
- What’s Next For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum? Fallen Candidates Hint At Political Futures
- Unbelievable: Police Were Called After A Black Man Quoted This Classic Jay-Z Song
(Source: Daily News )
(Photo Credit: Twitter)