Mayor of Compton, Aja Brown, has ended her run for the 44th Congressional District of San Pedro and Long Beach because she is pregnant, according to Daily News. She made the announcement Thursday night, April 5.
“To date, one of my highest honors has been dedicating my time and life to serving my community,” Brown expressed. “However, at this point in my life, my family commitments supersede my ability to expand my level of service.”
On March 8, Brown announced that she’d be running for the Congressional seat, filled by Nanette Diaz Barragán, saying, “our community deserves an experienced representative that has served in our neighborhood and understands our issue and is committed to real progress.”
Like Barragán, Brown is a Democrat. With Brown out of the race, Barragán will face off with the Republican candidate Jazmina Saavedra.
- It’s A Wrap: Tamar Braxton & Vincent Herbert’s Divorce Finalized
- Watch The First Trailer For Jennifer Lopez & Cardi B’s New Movie, ‘Hustlers’ [VIDEO]
- #LHHNY’s Mendeecees To Be Released In 2020
- House Passes Resolution To Condemn Trump’s Racist Tweets
- Man Asked To Resign After Emailing Tupac Lyrics To His Employees
(Source: Daily News )
(Photo Credit: Twitter)