Mayor of Compton, Aja Brown, has ended her run for the 44th Congressional District of San Pedro and Long Beach because she is pregnant, according to Daily News. She made the announcement Thursday night, April 5.
“To date, one of my highest honors has been dedicating my time and life to serving my community,” Brown expressed. “However, at this point in my life, my family commitments supersede my ability to expand my level of service.”
On March 8, Brown announced that she’d be running for the Congressional seat, filled by Nanette Diaz Barragán, saying, “our community deserves an experienced representative that has served in our neighborhood and understands our issue and is committed to real progress.”
Like Barragán, Brown is a Democrat. With Brown out of the race, Barragán will face off with the Republican candidate Jazmina Saavedra.
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
- Pharrell Williams Set To Open Private School For Low Income Families In Virginia
(Source: Daily News )
(Photo Credit: Twitter)