Bobby V was named as the suspect in a rape that allegedly took place last weekend in Georgia, TMZ reports.
Law enforcement sources say the R&B singer was named by a woman who filed a police report in Cobb County early Monday, March 19.
According to TMZ, the alleged rape occurred on Sunday in an area where Bobby has a residence.
Police say they have an open investigation into the case and are keeping details under wraps.
Meanwhile, Bobby is not only denying the allegation, but is vowing legal retaliation.
Bobby’s rep tells us they are pursuing legal action “against what appears to be a weak yet calculated attempt to obtain financial gain through ulterior motives in the matter.” The rep did not say the alleged victim requested money directly from Bobby, but called her version of events an apparent false report.
The rep added, “Bobby takes any allegation against women very seriously. However, false allegations damage true victims of sexual abuse.”
You’ll recall … Bobby claimed he was the victim of an extortion plot last year, when a video surfaced online of him allegedly skipping out on a prostitute without paying.
- Black Tony Has A Baby On The Way?!?! [WATCH]
- Trina To Be Awarded The ‘I Am Hip Hop Award’ At The 2022 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Ben Simmons Calls Out Shaq For Leaking His DMs & Talks Championship Hopes With The Nets
- EXCLUSIVE: Roland Martin Explains White Fear & Why White People Are Losing Their Mind! [WATCH]
- Celtics Coach Ime Udoka Suspended For Entire 2022-23 Season As New Details Emerge About His “Unwanted Comments”
(Photo Credit: Briana Crudup / PR Photos)