Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds is partnering with Electus to make a scripted music series that aims to bring viewers behind the scenes of the New York city music industry in the 90’s.
Deadline reports the dramedy is based on and developed by the award-winning producer Damon Sharpe and recording artist Stacy Asencio-Sutphen.
The show follows the life of a young woman in her 20’s who works at a music cable network. Even though she may not have the support of her friends and family on her journey of becoming a pop star chasing her dream of becoming a pop star, she is determined to make it happen. The series will take the audience back to the 90’s while giving the experience first hand of life in the music industry.
Electus CEO Chris Grant, President John Pollak, COO Drew Buckley and Justin Steger will executive produce. While Edmonds will bring his amazing musical talent on as an executive producer and music supervisor.
“We are beyond thrilled to partner with the legendary Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds whose music has shaped and defined so much of the industry,” explained Grant and Pollak. “There’s really no one who hasn’t been touched by his music and its influence over the last 30 years.”
Getting a behind the scenes look at the 90’s music scene through the eyes of an up and coming artist with the artistic backing of the amazing musician Edmonds seems like a pretty sweet deal.
- Black Tony Has A Baby On The Way?!?! [WATCH]
- Trina To Be Awarded The ‘I Am Hip Hop Award’ At The 2022 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Ben Simmons Calls Out Shaq For Leaking His DMs & Talks Championship Hopes With The Nets
- EXCLUSIVE: Roland Martin Explains White Fear & Why White People Are Losing Their Mind! [WATCH]
- Celtics Coach Ime Udoka Suspended For Entire 2022-23 Season As New Details Emerge About His “Unwanted Comments”
(Source: Deadline )
(Photo Credit: Courtesy)
Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds To Executive Produce 90’s Music Dramedy Series was originally published on blackamericaweb.com