A dispute over assigned seats for Black Panther caused a woman to open fire inside a theater in North Carolina.
When Shameka Latrice Lynch got in a dispute with a moviegoer over a seat at a crowded AMC theater in Greenville last Friday night, she pulled out a .32 caliber pistol and fired off a shot.
Lynch has been jailed on multiple felony charges after she allegedly fired one round into the theater’s ceiling, police allege.
While the shooting resulted in no injuries, she has reportedly been charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill (prosecutors have identified the victims as two men attending the Black Panther showing).
Lynch is also facing a third felony count for discharging a weapon in an enclosure to incite fear.
The shooting prompted police to evacuate the entire 12-screen multiplex.
Lynch surrendered to police Saturday evening and was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center, where she is being held on $250,000 bond. She is next due in court on March 14.
- Hot Spot: A Bernie Mac Biopic Is On The Way From John Legend’s Production Company [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Falynn Guobadia Says If She Blames Porsha Williams For Her Divorce With Simon [WATCH]
- Work, Work Don’t Stop: Marsai Martin To Executive Produce Girls Inc. Inaugural Film Festival
- Shock G Cause Of Death Revealed
- 178 Houston Methodist Health Care Workers Suspended Over COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
- Diddy Reportedly Working On An R&B Album That Features A Tribute To Kim Porter
- Houston Elderly Woman Kidnapped And Driven To An ATM Where She’s Robbed
- The Greatest: Wheaties Honors Muhammad Ali Via Limited-Edition Century Box Cover
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s Ep. 19 “Girl Crush”
- Length Check: Tia Mowry-Hardrict Shows Off Her Growth Post Big Chop