A dispute over assigned seats for Black Panther caused a woman to open fire inside a theater in North Carolina.
When Shameka Latrice Lynch got in a dispute with a moviegoer over a seat at a crowded AMC theater in Greenville last Friday night, she pulled out a .32 caliber pistol and fired off a shot.
Lynch has been jailed on multiple felony charges after she allegedly fired one round into the theater’s ceiling, police allege.
While the shooting resulted in no injuries, she has reportedly been charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill (prosecutors have identified the victims as two men attending the Black Panther showing).
Lynch is also facing a third felony count for discharging a weapon in an enclosure to incite fear.
The shooting prompted police to evacuate the entire 12-screen multiplex.
Lynch surrendered to police Saturday evening and was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center, where she is being held on $250,000 bond. She is next due in court on March 14.
- HBCU U-KNOW Spotlight: Civil Rights Activist Ralph Abernathy Of Alabama State University [WATCH]
- Maria More Explains How To Make Eating Healthy Easier [WATCH]
- Deion Sanders Responds To Nick Saban Accusing Jackson State Of Paying $1 Million To Top Recruit
- Ciara Shares BTS Moments From Her ‘Sports Illustrated’ Cover Shoot
- Children’s Book Celebrates Greenwood District’s Black Entrepreneurial Trailblazers
- Nuthin’ But A G Thang: Snoop Dogg Announces New Death Row Album & New Single
- Tabitha Brown’s YouTube Preschool Series ‘Tab Time’ Gets Second Season Pickup
- Cardi B Shares How To Change Diapers With Long Nails, Even Non-Parents Are Intrigued
- Marvel Gets Rights To Use Stan Lee’s Likeness In Future Projects & Merchandise
- Black Show Promoters Accuse Syracuse Police Of Harassment