Dame Dash chatted with the morning show about his new film, “Honor Up.” He talks about the parts of his life that its based on, and how it examines he principals and morals of being a man and being honorable. Dame takes a look back at how his entrepreneurship skills kicked in initially and how they really took off for him when he got into fashion, and then movies.
Dame talks about realizing that he needed to make enough money, making the early decisions to distance himself from certain people, like Harvey Weinstein, long before they would be rejected on another level today. Not only that, he explains, but he “made sure people knew who they were.” Dame also talks about his long-standing friendship with Kanye West, and why that has stood the test of time. Check out this exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Rickey Smiley & Eva Marcille Run Down 10 Rules To Cellphone Etiquette [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- For the First Time in US History, Lawmakers—Not Voters—Say Yes to Marijuana
- Rickey Smiley’s Niece Launches Foundation Inspired By Abstinence [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Register To Win: Rickey Smiley Comedy Explosion
- Will Smith Makes Stand-Up Comedy Debut Opening Up For Dave Chappelle [PHOTO]
- J. Cole’s Dreamville Foundation Launches Hurricane Relief Fund
- News Reporter Told She Has “N*ggery Looking” Hair After Wearing Natural Curls On TV [Video]
- J.R. Smith To Release Children’s Book With His Brother
- Prince Tackles Gun Violence In Posthumous “Mary Don’t You Weep” Video [NEW VIDEO]
- Beyonce’s Ex-Drummer Files Restraining Order Against The Singer Over “Extreme Witchcraft”