Dame Dash chatted with the morning show about his new film, “Honor Up.” He talks about the parts of his life that its based on, and how it examines he principals and morals of being a man and being honorable. Dame takes a look back at how his entrepreneurship skills kicked in initially and how they really took off for him when he got into fashion, and then movies.
Dame talks about realizing that he needed to make enough money, making the early decisions to distance himself from certain people, like Harvey Weinstein, long before they would be rejected on another level today. Not only that, he explains, but he “made sure people knew who they were.” Dame also talks about his long-standing friendship with Kanye West, and why that has stood the test of time. Check out this exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Former NFL Player Beats Up Man Who Was Masturbating Outside Of Daughter’s Window
- Gary’s Tea: Tokyo Toni Is Getting Married, Lauren Sánchez Dating Rap Sheet Is Pulled Out & More
- Hip Hop Spot: Cardi B & City Girls Drop The “We Are The World” Of Twerk Video, Soulja Boy Shows Receipts Of How People Copied Him & More
- “I Have Three Kids In The Freezer Still”: Tamar Braxton Might Just Have Another Baby With Estranged Husband Vince Herbert
- Woman Pulls Gun For Late Hair Appointment
- The Other America: Dr. Martin Luther King Annual Tribute at National Cathedral [Livestream]
- Gladys Knight To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl
- Two Mothers Charged With Selling Drugs Near Elementary School
- High School Football Star Arrested At School For Murder
- How Well Do You Know Michelle Obama?