‘RHOA’ peach Kandi Burruss posted some touching words for comedian Mo’Nique amid backlash for her generally unsupported boycott of Netflix.
Three weeks ago, Mo posted on Instagram asking fans to boycott the streaming service after they reportedly offered her a meager $500K for a comedy special on the platform.
Despite #MeToo and #TimesUp movements pushing for equal pay for women, particularly women of color, Mo’Nique’s request for support has gone relatively unheard among her peers.
“Own your sh-t,” Owen said in a recent social media rant.
But Kandi is standing beside Mo, asking her followers to send the actress positive energy.
“With all the drama that’s been coming at Monique lately I figured I’d send some positive vibes when I came across this pic with her,” she captioned the 13-year-old photo:
View this post on Instagram
Hey my luvs! I would like for y’all to stand with me on this #ThrowbackThursday as I send some love @therealmoworldwide’s way. With all the drama that’s been coming at Monique lately I figured I’d send some positive vibes when I came across this pic with her, @leverticus, & @jingjingharris. It was all Luv when we took this pic about 13yrs ago. #TBT #ILoveUsForReal
Sisterhood, for real.
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Quarantine Meals: Pulled Pork Sliders With Carolina Gold Slaw Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- Black Tony Is Babysitting And He’s Scared! [WATCH]
- Ro James Talks The Influence Of Gospel Music And His New Album ‘Mantic’ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Kel Mitchell And His Wife Announce Their Second Baby Using “Wipe It Down” Tik Tok Challenge
- Gym Patrol Gary: White Man Loses Office Lease After Calling Police On Black Entrepreneurs Using Gym
- Looking Ready To Pop, Ciara Debuts A Platinum Blonde Lewk
- Minneapolis Protestors Set Fire To Police Station Then Set Off Fireworks [VIDEO]
- Did Fired Officer Derek Chauvin Know George Floyd?