Jill Scott recently won a little victory in court! A judge granted the Grammy winner’s wishes and placed a gag order on her estranged husband, banning him from speaking about her, their marriage and their divorce proceedings to the press.
According to TMZ, Jilly from Philly filed legal docs claiming Michael Dobson “has engaged in a campaign of harassment and disparagement with an endgame of squeezing money out of her.”
In addition, the singer claims that Dobson has contacted her family and friends trash-talking her and is seeking revenge because Jill filed for divorce some 19 months after getting married. Over the past few months, Dobson has given numerous exclusive interviews with Bossip, claiming that the “Golden” singer is “evil” and emasculating.”
“She’s got issues. There’s no men in that family, there’s only women. And when a man comes in, it’s like a challenge,” Dobson said.
Adding, “She likes to emasculate men – that’s her problem. I told her, she’s from Philly, but I’m from New York, and if you want to try to disgrace me, try to slander me, I can fight dirty.”
But Jill believes this vendetta all boils down to one thing: Money, which equates to a little over $2 million dollars in assets and business accounts, TMZ noted.
As we previously reported, while there is tight pre-nup in place, Dobson has petitioned the court to have it thrown out.
He believes that he was coerced into their prenup agreement’s confidentiality clause by speaking to the media about the divorce. From there he feels that he is in entitled to $500,000 for the pain and suffering he allegedly endured during and after their year-long union.
Thankfully, the two never shared their own biological children together, just a son from her prior relationship.
- Rickey Smiley Sits Down With Syleena Johnson & Quad Webb-Lunceford Of “Sister Circle” On The Next Episode of “Rickey Smiley For Real” [VIDEO]
- How Stacey Abrams Is Taking A Stand To Make Sure Voter Suppression Never Happens Again [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Gary’s Tea: Neighbor Calls The Police On Black Man Singing Jay-Z Lyrics, The First Aunt Viv Lands Role On “General Hospital” & More
- What’s Next For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum? Fallen Candidates Hint At Political Futures
- Unbelievable: Police Were Called After A Black Man Quoted This Classic Jay-Z Song
- Justine Skye Hints That Sheck Wes Allegedly Abused Her
- Kendrick Johnson: Third Autopsy Claims Foul Play In Gym Mat Death Of Georgia Teen
- Pastor Under Fire For Rebuking Male Member That Came Dressed As A Woman To Church [VIDEO]
- 7 Unwritten Rules Of A Black Family Thanksgiving
- Diddy On Kim Porter’s Death: ‘I’ve Been Trying To Wake Up Out Of This Nightmare’
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource: 1 of 19
2. Dwayne WadeSource: 2 of 19
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon HonsouSource: 3 of 19
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married…but as we know, it didn’t work out.Source: 4 of 19
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah CareySource: 5 of 19
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.Source: 6 of 19
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber RoseSource: 7 of 19
8. Kimora and Russell SimmonsSource: 8 of 19
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorceSource: 9 of 19
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced…twice.Source: 10 of 19
11. ‘All My Children’ star and current guest star on ‘Power’ Debbi Morgan has been married…and divorced four times.Source: 11 of 19
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.Source: 12 of 19
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.Source: 13 of 19
14. And we thought it would last – Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.Source: 14 of 19
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O’Neal.Source: 15 of 19
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven’t remarried.Source: 16 of 19
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it’s been finalized…but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?Source: 17 of 19
18. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 2017Source: 18 of 19
19. Jill ScottSource: 19 of 19
Jill Scott Wins Gag Order Against Estranged Husband In Court was originally published on hellobeautiful.com