Donald Trump’s “sh-thole countries” remark about Africa and Haiti in an interview Saturday on CNN. Some people took to Twitter and criticized the music mogul as an inappropriate messenger, overlooking the message and influence of his voice.
“After the anger it’s really hurtful because he’s like looking down on a whole population of people, and you’re so misinformed because these places have beautiful people. This is the leader of the free world speaking like this,” Jay-Z said on the debut of Van Jones’ program, adding that “closet racists” speak in those terms “behind closed doors.”
The president was in a meeting with lawmakers earlier this month on U.S. immigration policies when he reportedly made the comment, adding that he would prefer immigrants from nations like Norway instead of Haiti and the African continent. It was another racist remark in a long list of the president’s offensive statements that are piling up and no one is seriously addressing.
“You don’t take care of the problem. You don’t take the trash out. You keep spraying whatever over it to make it acceptable. As those things grow, you create a superbug. Then now we have Donald Trump, the superbug,” the rapper stated.
Some people missed the point of Jay-Z’s message and disparaged him on Twitter. They pointed to lyrics in the rapper’s songs in which he uses language that’s just as foul as the language Trump used. Others brought up his past involvement in drug dealing while growing up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Those people missed the truth that Jay-Z spoke. While many others have delivered that same message, Jay-Z’s voice reaches an audience of young fans–Black and White–who have likely tuned out the president. As half of a Back power couple, the rapper’s rebuke of Trump carries weight.
- Justin Combs’ Mother Blames Diddy for Their Son’s DUI Arrest
- Keke Palmer Shares An Inspirational Message On Instagram About Success: ‘I Don’t Think You Should Be Competing With Anybody’
- Kelly Rowland Dazzles On Stage In London In A Mugler Catsuit
- 1974: Stevie Wonder Makes History… Again | Black Music Month
- Chilli Reveals How Her And Usher’s Relationship Finally Ended
- Review: ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Is A Solid Addition To The Black Superhero Canon
- MC Lyte Honors Women for the Second Year at the Kennedy Center on Hip-Hop’s 50th Anniversary
- Naomi Osaka Reveals She’s Expecting A Baby Girl During Princess-Themed Shower
- Grandmaster Flash Receives Honorary Music Degree At Lehman College
- Common Plastic Surgery Complications and Errors with Dr. Nicholas Jones [AUDIO]
Shots Fired! A List Of The Black Celebrities Mo’Nique Has Blasted
Roland Martin Skillfully Responds To Mo’Nique Diss About What He’s Done For Equality
Jay-Z Explains How Donald Trump Is Comparable To A “Superbug” [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com
The Hot Spot: Basketball Wives' Brittish Williams Pleads Guilty to 15 Felonies [LISTEN]
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Jacky Oh, Mother Of DC Young Fly’s Children, Dies Following Plastic Surgery: Report
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Judge Joe Brown's Accusations of Tina Turner Being a "Witch" and "Pimp" Resurface [LISTEN]
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Offset Exposes Cardi B’s Buns via Instagram Story
Twitter Drags Cardi B For Sharing What She Packs Her Daughter For Lunch