Darius McCrary, who rose to fame as Eddie Winslow on “Family Matters,” came forward on Thursday, revealing that he was a victim of sexual assault.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But in front of TMZ cameras, the former childhood star made further startling statements, saying that the would never reveal the person’s name because he “isn’t thirsty.”
When pressed about the timing of the incident McCrary would only say that it happened when he was a young man. “See I’m not thirsty, I ain’t got to tell none of my business,” he said.
McCrary’s confession comes admit a string of sexual assault allegations, where numerous men and women have come forward to share they suffered trauma and harassment at the hands of powerful Hollywood execs.
Unfortunately McCrary’s statements reveal that former victims of trauma are often shamed into silence, forcing them to have warped self-image. His admonishment of those who do seek justice from their abusers signals that sexual violence permeates the mental state of the victim, especially those who experience it during their youth.
- Oscar Grant’s Family Requests To Have Fruitvale BART Station Named After Him
- New CBC Chair: Impeaching Trump ‘Is Not Going To Be Top On Our Agenda’
- Voices At Urban One Honors: What Does Jermaine Dupri Mean To Da Brat
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jade Novah Is Becoming More Than A Viral Sensation
'Family Matters' Cast Reunites For Entertainment Weekly Shoot
1. "Family Matters" CastSource: 1 of 6
2. Jaleel White & Kellie Shanygne WilliamsSource: 2 of 6
3. "Family Matters" CastSource: 3 of 6
4. Kellie Shanygne WilliamsSource: 4 of 6
5. "Family Matters" CastSource: 5 of 6
6. "Family Matters" CastSource: 6 of 6
“Family Matters” Star Darius McCrary: “I Was Inappropriately Touched” By A Hollywood Exec [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com